+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card application - Have you ever been issued any of the following, Travel document or PRTD?

KDSH

Dec 3, 2019
Hi,

I recently applied for PR card online.
When filling up there was this question "Have you ever been issued any of the following, Travel document or PRTD?"
I was not very sure about what they are so I checked both and in the detail area mentioned that I had visitor visa and Immigrant visa(when PR was approved).

After reading this forum it seems I should not have selected them.
What should I do at this time?

Thanks!

KDSH

Dec 3, 2019
I called customer service and they advised to send a webform with this details.
I did that. But i got the PR card before they reviewed and replied to the webform.
So i guess it is not a big deal.

Reactions: lukeortolani

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Were you an inland applicant?
OP did soft landing back in 2021 and settled back to Canada in the summer 2022 and thus used the portal to apply for his first PR card.
And according to his post, he shouldn't have select "YES" for those options. Since he had never applied for PRTD nor Travel Document (for protected person)

What is your question?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
And according to his post, he shouldn't have select "YES" for those options. Since he had never applied for PRTD nor Travel Document (for protected person)
I think answer here is simple, others make this mistake and so staff at IRCC just go through it and ignore the mistake if the situation is clear. (It's not like there's any advantage to getting this wrong)