+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card app received by CIC but no confirmation (email & tracker)

mangojuice

Nov 23, 2021
Hi all,
Does anyone here has the same experience like me?

CIC received the application on April 14 but up until today, I received no email confirming that they receive it.

App also not showing on the tracker either.

I'm in the middle of the citizenship application, not sure if this has anything to do with my PR card application or if this has anything to do with the strike.

For those of you who is wondering why am I applying for PR card while waiting to be a citizen: I lost my card and knowing that the process for citizenship is still a long way to go, I decided to apply for PR card replacement.

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
I applied for PR Card renewal (Paper Application) in March first week and Citizenship Application (Online Application) in April last week. Absolute silence on my PR Card Renewal till date.

I'm not sure if they send any confirmation email for the reception of a paper PR Card renewal application. I don't think they do. Also, the strike might affect the processing times depending on which stage the application is in.

Citizenship applications processing times show they are processing March 9th week applications currently.

mangojuice

Nov 23, 2021
I applied for PR Card renewal (Paper Application) in March first week and Citizenship Application (Online Application) in April last week. Absolute silence on my PR Card Renewal till date.

I'm not sure if they send any confirmation email for the reception of a paper PR Card renewal application. I don't think they do. Also, the strike might affect the processing times depending on which stage the application is in.

Citizenship applications processing times show they are processing March 9th week applications currently.
If I remember correctly, when I submitted my application for the paper PR card renewal (not the replacement), I received an email from them confirming that they have received the application.

Not sure if maybe they no longer doing that, or maybe these are due to the strike.

Can you see your application on the tracker?

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
If I remember correctly, when I submitted my application for the paper PR card renewal (not the replacement), I received an email from them confirming that they have received the application.

Not sure if maybe they no longer doing that, or maybe these are due to the strike.

Can you see your application on the tracker?
Ok, in that case I'm sure if they have had a chance to check my application yet. But it is all confusing as I called the IRCC number last week and they said they are processing PR card applications from Feb 3rd and paper or online applications don't matter. But I know someone who applied for PR renewal online in the first week of Feb and they received their cards in the first week of April itself.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

DSpartners

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
I don't think they send AORs for PR card renewals any more, or if they do...that's when they actually start processing.

So expect application processing and completed to be done in the same day or within the same few days on the tracker.

You also might have better luck asking in the PR card renewal thread

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-card-renewal-new-2022-processing-timeline.760981/page-157
Thank you @bellaluna ! I called IRCC again on May 15th and this time they said they’re processing PR renewal applications from the week of Feb 13th and they would send an AOR once they open my application. Will check the other thread too.

saeed418

May 9, 2023
Hi @DSpartners and @mangojuice Did either of you receive any updates on your PR Card? I too applied on 9th May for a PR card renewal Online. I never received any communication from them via email. theyve been completely silent since then.
The official processing timeline initially said 75 days but nowadays it says 95 days which means around 12th August. So will they remain silent till then. Im not sure what to make of it or whether my application has been list because of a glitch or something

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @DSpartners and @mangojuice Did either of you receive any updates on your PR Card? I too applied on 9th May for a PR card renewal Online. I never received any communication from them via email. theyve been completely silent since then.
The official processing timeline initially said 75 days but nowadays it says 95 days which means around 12th August. So will they remain silent till then. Im not sure what to make of it or whether my application has been list because of a glitch or something
The official processing time is unreliable. It takes time to receive their email.

Reactions: saeed418