+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card and Travel?

lagoon19

Apr 25, 2015
Hi all seniors and everybody
I am following the forum for so long and happy that everyone is getting their PR time by time. I just got my CoPR too and want to plan my landing. Since these days the processing of the PR card is taking too long, so I wonder if it could be on time for my trip on September. So, my questions is:
+ Should I just land at the time on my way back from my home country at the border?(the expiry date is Jan/2018) Any thread from this and any extra documents needed to bring?
+ In case I am going to land at Niagara tomorrow. Can I leave and come back to Canada without the PR card? Any other documents is needed beside of the CoPR? Some peopple say can, some say cannot, it is really confused information.

One more question, when the time I am out of Canada, I am traveling to few more countries, is that ok when I come back to Canada?
Please share your idea if anyone know or experienced or have the same thoughts?
Thank you very much!

canadacanada17

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Hi all seniors and everybody
I am following the forum for so long and happy that everyone is getting their PR time by time. I just got my CoPR too and want to plan my landing. Since these days the processing of the PR card is taking too long, so I wonder if it could be on time for my trip on September. So, my questions is:
+ Should I just land at the time on my way back from my home country at the border?(the expiry date is Jan/2018) Any thread from this and any extra documents needed to bring?
+ In case I am going to land at Niagara tomorrow. Can I leave and come back to Canada without the PR card? Any other documents is needed beside of the CoPR? Some peopple say can, some say cannot, it is really confused information.

One more question, when the time I am out of Canada, I am traveling to few more countries, is that ok when I come back to Canada?
Please share your idea if anyone know or experienced or have the same thoughts?
Thank you very much!

If you have status to be here ( canada) already, for instance you have a IEC which is still in effect, your best bet is to leave if you need to and do your landing when you come back and can spend a substantial amount of time here waiting for the PR card to arrive.
If you do your landing and then leave, you can only enter again with your COPR if you are coming via a private vehicle. If you attempt to come in via a commercial way of travelling, you will need to apply for a document which will allow you to enter again.

Reactions: lagoon19