+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card and the address

maghraby

Dec 16, 2011
Im worried about the address of the PR card .. But i have a question since my case is different .. Am i able to land in toronto and get a furnished apartment for 2 months or something .. And once i receive the PR .. Am i able to move to another province ? I have applied to many universities and waiting for the offer of admission .. Lets say i got accepted into UBC in vancouver ... And i got housing from the university .. What is the issue of the PR .. Can i change the address to the university housing one ?? Am i able to change the address after getting the PR card and will i have to apply for a new one ?? I dont reallly get that

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can always give your PR card address when you have a more stable address. You don't have to give the address right after you landed.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you applied through skilled worker and not through PNP or something like that, it does not matter if you land in Toronto or somewhere else as long as it is not Quebec so if you want to go to BC, go to BC. If you have family or friends, you can give their address or you can say when you land that you do not have an address yet and will give them on later when you have it.

maghraby

Dec 16, 2011
Once i get the PR card .. I can live in the university housing ?! And ill have to inform cic my new address ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you get the PR card, you don't have to inform CIC of your new address and you can live anywhere you want to.