+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card After Landing - Outland Spousal

mg11090

Aug 5, 2021
Hello,

My wife landed at YYZ in November 2021 - we were told by the agent that here PR card would be mailed to us and that we didn't need to do anything further. We haven't received it yet. A couple of quick questions, please:

- For an outland spousal sponsorship, does nothing need to be done to get the PR card after landing?
- Some other threads talked about linking an application, but I don't think we completed an application as we were told nothing had to be done - am I missing something there?
- Her COPR expires in August 2022. What can we do to ensure she gets her PR card before then? Is there any risk that she does not receive it, her COPR expires, and she cannot prove that she is a PR?

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,

My wife landed at YYZ in November 2021 - we were told by the agent that here PR card would be mailed to us and that we didn't need to do anything further. We haven't received it yet. A couple of quick questions, please:

- For an outland spousal sponsorship, does nothing need to be done to get the PR card after landing?
- Some other threads talked about linking an application, but I don't think we completed an application as we were told nothing had to be done - am I missing something there?
- Her COPR expires in August 2022. What can we do to ensure she gets her PR card before then? Is there any risk that she does not receive it, her COPR expires, and she cannot prove that she is a PR?

Only have answer for the last question.
The expiry on the COPR is the last day that she can do her landing. Since she has already landed, the expires on date is less important.

Some people can use a recent COPR but most of the time, the PR card is the essential proof of your PR status.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello,

- I hope an address was provided to officer to mail your PR card, if not, I suggest you call IRCC and do it asap
- You can link your GCKey with PR card application to track the progress. You are right, IRCC would process your PR card basis the CoPR copy you submitted to the officer at airport and you need not "apply" for PR card per say. However you can track the status by linking it
- The expiry doesn't really impact, she is a PR now. CoPR is still important since it is the only proof of landing, hence you need to preserve it even if you receive PR card ( CoPR will be useful if and when you apply for citizenship)

mg11090

Aug 5, 2021
- I hope an address was provided to officer to mail your PR card, if not, I suggest you call IRCC and do it asap
- You can link your GCKey with PR card application to track the progress. You are right, IRCC would process your PR card basis the CoPR copy you submitted to the officer at airport and you need not "apply" for PR card per say. However you can track the status by linking it
- The expiry doesn't really impact, she is a PR now. CoPR is still important since it is the only proof of landing, hence you need to preserve it even if you receive PR card ( CoPR will be useful if and when you apply for citizenship)
Hi there, thank you for this. We did provide the address to the officer. How did you link your application to GC? We didn't make an application, so I'm just confused as to what you actually linked to GCKey. Were you given some sort of application number to do so?

Ramchandra17

Mar 3, 2022
Hi. I received my PR through outland spousal sponsorship
^nevermind, I figured this out. Thanks!
Hi. I got my PR through outland spousal sponsorship on July 13, 2021 and landed at YYZ on Oct 20, 2021. I received no update until Jan 25, 2022. Then there was an email from IRCC that I have to send new photos (I believe the photos previously sent exceeded 6 months at this period) to CPC-Nova Scotia. I sent new photos on Feb 1 and Canada post lost them. Meanwhile, I was able to link my PR card application to my GCKey account. Sent photos again on Feb 18 and no update was received. I contacted IRCC.ClientPortalPrairies-PrairiesClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and Calgary office replied immediately that my card is under production. When I asked for further details, the same office said my file is with another office and asked me to contact IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

This email is for the PR portal for inland applications. When I emailed, the automated reply clearly said- "This email address is dedicated solely to clients invited by IRCC to use the Permanent Residence (PR) Portal in order to be confirmed as permanent residents. You must be invited by IRCC in order to have an account created in the PR Portal"- which definitely not my case.

I am so confused right now. Clueless what to do. IRCC never picks up phone calls (always busy). Should I believe the first email from Calgary that my card is under production? I didn't get any update on GCkey as well.

rsuriar

Star Member
Jan 23, 2022
Hello. Im in a similar situation and I’m unable to link my application to the account. I tried using the application number but it is unable to find it. I landed on the 6th. Do Thanks.
^nevermind, I figured this out. Thanks!
Hello. I’m in a similar situation. I used the application number to link but it is unable to find that. I landed on the 6th. Do you think it’s too early to track? Any suggestions is helpful. Thank you !

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello. Im in a similar situation and I’m unable to link my application to the account. I tried using the application number but it is unable to find it. I landed on the 6th. Do Thanks.

Hello. I’m in a similar situation. I used the application number to link but it is unable to find that. I landed on the 6th. Do you think it’s too early to track? Any suggestions is helpful. Thank you !
Application no. is NOT the PR application no. Hence you are unable to find PR card application. You need to use other option like UCI and Last Name.