+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card address

dreammapletree

Star Member
Jul 20, 2020
Hi,

I recently landed in Canada. I gave my friend's address to receive the PR card. The immigration officer informed us it will take approximately 8 weeks to send the PR card. My friend is changing the house during this time. Still I don't have a permanent address in Canada. How can I update the new address online to send the PR card? Can I give the address in another province?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I recently landed in Canada. I gave my friend's address to receive the PR card. The immigration officer informed us it will take approximately 8 weeks to send the PR card. My friend is changing the house during this time. Still I don't have a permanent address in Canada. How can I update the new address online to send the PR card? Can I give the address in another province?
Which program did you immigrate through? This will determine if giving an address in another province is OK.

Processing times for new PR cards is around three months right now (although some are getting them faster) and you have to factor in additional time for mailing on top of the processing time.

Information on changing your address online can be found here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html