+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Address in Another Province

Mido22

Aug 6, 2022
Hello,

I hope someone advises on the follwoing.

I will be traveling to Canada soon to do the landing and finalize the PR process. My destination city is Calgary, Alberta so I will be landing and trying to settle there but I will not have a permanent address at the begining. Also, I am not sure how long I will be staying in Canada as I may need to leave at anytime due to some circumstances in my home country. However, I want to receive my PR card without any complications.

Can I give the Immigration Officer the address of a friend of mine in another province (Ontario for example) for the PR card application? Will that cause any problems with the officer or in the processing or the delivery of the PR card?

Please note that I am a federal skilled worker immigrant (I did not receive a nomination from any province) so my destination city/province was my choice from the beginning.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I hope someone advises on the follwoing.

I will be traveling to Canada soon to do the landing and finalize the PR process. My destination city is Calgary, Alberta so I will be landing and trying to settle there but I will not have a permanent address at the begining. Also, I am not sure how long I will be staying in Canada as I may need to leave at anytime due to some circumstances in my home country. However, I want to receive my PR card without any complications.

Can I give the Immigration Officer the address of a friend of mine in another province (Ontario for example) for the PR card application? Will that cause any problems with the officer or in the processing or the delivery of the PR card?

Please note that I am a federal skilled worker immigrant (I did not receive a nomination from any province) so my destination city/province was my choice from the beginning.
Since you would not be living in ON, they might or might not accept it. Anyways, they might ask you to update the address later.

Mido22

Aug 6, 2022
Since you would not be living in ON, they might or might not accept it. Anyways, they might ask you to update the address later.
I want to avoid the hassel of trying to change the address later especially if I went back to my home country, which is a very high possibility, and I do not want to go through the hassel of the PRTD as well. I am in this situation because the PR card processing time is taking too long and I would like to do a soft landing if possible while making the PR card application as well. So if I tell the officier that I plan to move to that address in Ontario in a few days and stay there for months until I establish myself as I would like to be with my friends. Will this be ok for the officer?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to avoid the hassel of trying to change the address later especially if I went back to my home country, which is a very high possibility, and I do not want to go through the hassel of the PRTD as well. I am in this situation because the PR card processing time is taking too long and I would like to do a soft landing if possible while making the PR card application as well. So if I tell the officier that I plan to move to that address in Ontario in a few days and stay there for months until I establish myself as I would like to be with my friends. Will this be ok for the officer?
It's up to you.