+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card 2020 - Saskatoon

chefbok92

Sep 16, 2020
Hello! Folks, i have sent my passport photos on Oct 23 and i am going to India in the month of January. Is it ok to travel with PR card?
As long as you have new SIN and COPR, it is okay to travel outside of Canada. If you don't get your PR card until your flight date, just apply for PRTD and it will be no problem to return to Canada.

Kamal8588

Star Member
Jun 12, 2019
Can my friend courier my PR card to india?? is it legal to do So?? I am worried bcs if they shut down everything thn again would be the problem. Thanks in advance folks

MikSingh2017

Aug 20, 2020
Can my friend courier my PR card to india?? is it legal to do So?? I am worried bcs if they shut down everything thn again would be the problem. Thanks in advance folks
Hello,
I got my Copr in Oct2020. Next day, I booked my flight to india departing after 10 days of booking. Presently, I’m in India enjoying my vacations. After reaching here I applied for PRDT online. I took hardly 6 days to get an emailed approval letter. My returning flight to canada is in December2020.
Don’t worry you are absolutely fine to travel abroad until your medical conditions are perfect.

Naph77

Dec 21, 2017
Hey folks,

Just thought I'd update you guys that I finally got my PR card approved (it says it's been dispatched). I didn't really receive a ghost update, but when I randomly logged into CIC to check today, the status was updated to "Application/Profile has been update". It now says that my PR card (w/ doc number) is approved and is out for delivery. This was sent to IRCC Saskatoon so I'm guessing any of you still waiting will be receiving the good news soon as well!

Here's my timeline for reference:
June 18 - CoPR letter received.
July 2nd - Sent CoPR and my Photos (Received by IRCC Saskatoon based on Canada Post (XpressPost) Tracking).
Nov 17th - I called IRCC to check with them as they'd asked me to contact them incase I didn't hear back by this date. An officer put in a notice for my app/profile.
Nov 23rd - Logged into CIC profile -> Decision Made -> Approved [We have mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive]

Days since receiving the CoPR: 158

Special thanks to the OP of this particular thread for creating and maintaining this forum! It has been a place for real re-assurance and support from all you guys. Cheers!

idlevise.mg42

Mar 12, 2020
Hey folks,

Just thought I'd update you guys that I finally got my PR card approved (it says it's been dispatched). I didn't really receive a ghost update, but when I randomly logged into CIC to check today, the status was updated to "Application/Profile has been update". It now says that my PR card (w/ doc number) is approved and is out for delivery. This was sent to IRCC Saskatoon so I'm guessing any of you still waiting will be receiving the good news soon as well!

Here's my timeline for reference:
June 18 - CoPR letter received.
July 2nd - Sent CoPR and my Photos (Received by IRCC Saskatoon based on Canada Post (XpressPost) Tracking).
Nov 17th - I called IRCC to check with them as they'd asked me to contact them incase I didn't hear back by this date. An officer put in a notice for my app/profile.
Nov 23rd - Logged into CIC profile -> Decision Made -> Approved [We have mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive]

Days since receiving the CoPR: 158

Special thanks to the OP of this particular thread for creating and maintaining this forum! It has been a place for real re-assurance and support from all you guys. Cheers!
Right on buddy. We are all in the same boat here. No one can relate to us but our fellow applicants who has been through the same path. We are all here to help each other by giving info, updates and most of all the moral support we certainly need. Cheers!

Reactions: chefbok92

ace_narn

Jan 5, 2019
Saskatoon folks, I got an update today on my PR Card saying my application has been approved and my card will be mailed to me. All the best to you all who have been waiting for nearly 6 months now. This forum was extremely helpful during this time!

Here is my timeline:
CoPR: June 2, 2020
Photos sent: July 15, 2020 (Saskatoon office)
Profile linked: July 30th, 2020
Application Approved: November 25, 2020

idlevise.mg42

Mar 12, 2020
Guys...based on my timeline and what i’ve read on threads these will be the common wait times:

1st GU - uncertain as to when but saskatoon folks started working this month of Nov.

2nd GU - the next day and it’ll show approved ; check your cic account the day after the first GU

PR card - normally within 5-7 days after it got approved.

these timeline is just the most common among approved pr cards

chefbok92

Sep 16, 2020
Just checked first ghost update for my PR card application.

Copr - 09.18
Photo received - 09.22
First ghost update - 11.26

I am not sure it will be approved soon or just a glitch.
Wish me luck!!!

The phone number for IRCC is 1-888-242-2100.