+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR border crossing from US to Canada

jeevinsanju

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Hello,

Did anyone have experience crossing via Bluewater bridge into Canada? I want to know if there are restrictions on crossing on any given day of the week. I'm planning to do it on 9th August, Friday morning.

Any inputs on this would be great. Response from people who have already done border crossing from US would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
There is no restrictions on people coming from the US.

The restrictions are only on people residing in Canada attempting to flagpole (leaving Canada temporarily, turning around and coming back).

If you currently live in the US and are moving to Canada, you can come any time of the day or night, they will process your landing with no issue.

jeevinsanju

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Thank you, I have read about this somewhere and wanted to be sure about this as I work on a visa in US and I'm not comfortable making a second trip if there are issues.

I have one more question, please answer if you know.. I'm also planning to use a friends address who works in US but lives in Canada. If I provide his address, he will get my card and I was planning to have him get that for me into US. Do you see any problem in this? Is this allowed?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you, I have read about this somewhere and wanted to be sure about this as I work on a visa in US and I'm not comfortable making a second trip if there are issues.

I have one more question, please answer if you know.. I'm also planning to use a friends address who works in US but lives in Canada. If I provide his address, he will get my card and I was planning to have him get that for me into US. Do you see any problem in this? Is this allowed?
No problems with giving a friend's address. Yes, he can bring you/mail you the card.