+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR as administrative assistant?

Amarjeet06

May 25, 2019
Dear friends ,

Please confirm this status is available or not.

Category : 1241 Administrative Assistants

Visa Type : Permanent Resident Visa - FSWP (Federal Skilled Worker Program)

Tenure Period : 5 years

Regards
Singh

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
I have a question regarding admin assistant, how many duties we have to meet?

I am working in a large corporate (Like Johnson&Johnson, Microsoft or KPMG) and there is more than 1 person to perform 1 person job. . I just afraid if I only get 6-7 matches and I won't be qualify to apply. Could you please take a look for me?

Blue mean i did that , red mean i didn't , I do have 1-2 more duties that isn't list on the NOC 1241 website becassue it is too specificed.

NOC 1241 Administrative Assistant:
  • Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy (Not all of the above)
  • Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
  • Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer (Not my role, Secretary does that)
  • Order office supplies and maintain inventory (Our company has other department to take care of this)
  • Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
  • Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
  • Determine and establish office procedures (We have HR to do it)
  • Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person (Reception and secretary do it)
  • Record and prepare minutes of meetings (Secretary does it)
  • Arrange travel schedules and make reservations (Secretary job)
  • May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities (Not really research but i did compile data, gather stats for manager)
  • May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software.
  • May organize conferences (Not conferences but many customer events etc)
Please take a look for me, there is a lot of duties in this NOC and it is not possible to do it all. Is it going to affect my chance to apply? Thanks
I have the same issues, how did you solve it?

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
Hello how did you get on im also in the same boat as your self?? Did you get accepted for Administrative Assistant
Just an update, I applied as admin assistant and got CoPR back in December 2018... just try your best to relate your duties to the ones on NOC. There were a couple duties that I probably only did once during my employment but I put them anyway. As long as your boss agrees to sign your job confirmation letter you should be fine.

Ksavier

Star Member
Apr 30, 2018
make sure you can account for 52 weeks on this job. I had 14 months on the job but when I counted day by day and week by week by checking my payslips I could only prove 53 weeks on the job because of all the time off I had. I had the bare minimum basically.

samir5767

Jan 23, 2019
make sure you can account for 52 weeks on this job. I had 14 months on the job but when I counted day by day and week by week by checking my payslips I could only prove 53 weeks on the job because of all the time off I had. I had the bare minimum basically.
hi congratulations. can you please share administrative assistant job duties for reference letter please. thank you!!