+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR approval before leaving Canada (FSW Inland)

Stroggie86

Mar 19, 2014
Hi helpful forum members,

I sent off my AOR on March 24th 2016, and so all being well - should have received notification of the approval of my PR by late September. I have booked a trip home in October (for the entire month) - so will be heading off soon after approvoal and before re-entering Canada with my paperwork to get my temporary PR card whilst the real one makes it's way through the mail.

Here's my question - as an Australian citizen, I believe I DO NOT have to send my passport in for stamping when I receive the PPR letter - rather, a photocopy and some photos only.

Is the above correct, or will I indeed have to send my passport of for stamping/visit the Australian Embassy?

Any guidance would be much appreciated (obviously, I'm in some trouble if I have to send it off in hard copy!)

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stroggie86 said:
Hi helpful forum members,

I sent off my AOR on March 24th 2016, and so all being well - should have received notification of the approval of my PR by late September. I have booked a trip home in October (for the entire month) - so will be heading off soon after approvoal and before re-entering Canada with my paperwork to get my temporary PR card whilst the real one makes it's way through the mail.

Here's my question - as an Australian citizen, I believe I DO NOT have to send my passport in for stamping when I receive the PPR letter - rather, a photocopy and some photos only.

Is the above correct, or will I indeed have to send my passport of for stamping/visit the Australian Embassy?

Any guidance would be much appreciated (obviously, I'm in some trouble if I have to send it off in hard copy!)
Aussies only need to send in a passport photocopy, but it has to be a physical photocopy (not by email). You'll also need to send two passport photos (must comply with CIC requirements) along with a questionnaire to confirm your personal details (or advise them of changes).

This is true for all citizens of visa-exempt countries.

Stroggie86

Mar 19, 2014
Thanks Dexmoody - I thought that was the case, just wanted to triple check....

Was not fancying the chance of having to send off my passport mid-September and not being able to head home for a long-awaited trip!