+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application

hiyakattar

Nov 27, 2018
Hi ,

My husband got his PR refused saying that his college is not under approved learning institutes but it has DLI number and approved learning institute.
i have studied from same college and got my PR.
is it the mistake done by VO or what can i do now.
Please advice.

Thank you

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
Is that the same as Fleming College? (I believe so). If so, is does qualify for Canadian education credential. If you showed me the refusal there may be an additional factor that you haven't noticed. Or it might just be a mistake on IRCC's part or your husband may have submitted insufficient documentation. There could be many reasons - or it might just be a mistake.

hiyakattar

Nov 27, 2018
Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada:
I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement(s) because Sir Sandford Fleming is not on the list of approved learning institutions. As such, you do not have sufficient points to pass this campaign.

hiyakattar

Nov 27, 2018
it is the same college and he has submitted all documents that they have asked like job letter of the NOC and certificates of qualification for which he gave exam and gained some extra points for express entry.

This is also mentioned in a letter
As I have found that you no longer meet the minimum criteria to be eligible to be invited to apply set out in an instruction given under 10.3(1)(e), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 of the Act. I am therefore refusing your application

Last edited:

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
As much as it pains me to say this, if you look up Sir Sanford Fleming College on the DLI list it doesn't come up. It comes up only if you type in Fleming College. I don't know why the list doesn't respond once you get to the Fleming part, but if the officer started looking by typing in Sir - no results.

hiyakattar

Nov 27, 2018
so does it mean that by typing college name as a sir sanford fleming college and DLI number list has only fleming college he got refused?
because degree submitted states whole name of collge

hiyakattar

Nov 27, 2018
i tried and coming same like you and all i understand is some mistake from their side as when i did my PR i did the same way as my husband.
i understood that when searching even whole Sir Sandford Fleming college nothing is coming up so may be it was considered as a mistake in typing collge name from my side right and that is why got rejection.

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
If he will get a new ITA in EE right away I wouldn't bother fighting about it. IRCC has put up very tough barriers to protect their employees from having to take responsibility for their mistakes.
If he's not likely to get a new ITA then you could use Web Form to point out their mistake and ask for a correction/reconsideration - submitting documentary evidence that Sir Sanford Fleming College is the same institution as Fleming College. If you need a representative to submit on your behalf, please let me know.

hiyakattar

Nov 27, 2018
i think he will get new ETA but i now have a same fear of getting rejection again for some other reason.
if there is a way for explanation and we can do it i would happy to do that.
i just dont want to waste anytime as his work permit is valid for few months now.\