+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application

majid_kam

Jan 10, 2017
Hello everyone,

I got a scholarship in one of the Montreal universities to do my Phd. I am planning to apply to PR before going to Canada, but my friends told me to apply from there might be easier? what do you think?

And if I applied to PR and travel to Canada, is my application will be valid?

Regards,
Majid

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
majid_kam said:
Hello everyone,

I got a scholarship in one of the Montreal universities to do my Phd. I am planning to apply to PR before going to Canada, but my friends told me to apply from there might be easier? what do you think?

And if I applied to PR and travel to Canada, is my application will be valid?

Regards,
Majid
PNP (Provincial Nominee) programs will require a candidate to have an intention to settle in a particular province. If you apply for X province's PNP but settle in Y province, it may not be convincing enough that you have an intention.

FSW (Federal Skilled Worker) also do not accept application that has an intention to settle in Quebec. If it happens that you have graduated from Quebec, then you may state that you have the intention to settle in a province other than Quebec, at least for FSW.

Therefore, your best bet is to check Quebec's immigration program.

You need to check all the immigration programmes (Quebec's Immigration, FSW, PNP other than Quebec) for your own case. Each person is unique, and each case is unique.

majid_kam

Jan 10, 2017
Thanks for your reply.

What about if I applied to PR without having a PNP before getting the student visa?

According to the factor I am eligible for FSW.

I hope any one knows the answer to write it here :)

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
majid_kam said:
Thanks for your reply.

What about if I applied to PR without having a PNP before getting the student visa?

According to the factor I am eligible for FSW.

I hope any one knows the answer to write it here :)
You can apply for PR before, during, or after your student visa. FSW or PNP are just one of a few ways to obtain PR.

majid_kam

Jan 10, 2017
Glad to hear that :) :)

Last question, my application will not be affected if I got a student visa in Canada?