Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello.Kitty said:
Cic is driving me crazy!

Last week I received an update email, when I got in there was nothing.. Then I checked again and I had BG in progress and now I have "not needed at this time"

Also, I could see before my ECAs and now I can't!
what's your timeline?

Hello.Kitty

Nov 11, 2015
kennyandchen said:
what's your timeline?

so far:

FSW PNP
Aor - Nov 9
BG in progress
Medical -passed
Sch 4_4A requested Nov 20
Sch 4 submitted Nov 20
Sch A submitted Nov 20
Ecas 3 lines

Now I can't see my ecas, and my BG says not needed at this time... It's like it went back!

Melodymaki

Nov 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello.Kitty said:
Cic is driving me crazy!

Last week I received an update email, when I got in there was nothing.. Then I checked again and I had BG in progress and now I have "not needed at this time"

Also, I could see before my ECAs and now I can't!
Does "not needed at this time" mean your BG check passed? I guess that was good new? :)

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015 (SINP); 04-12-2015 (CIC)
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
Melodymaki said:
Does "not needed at this time" mean your BG check passed? I guess that was good new? :)
Not really. When application is submitted, the BG check initial status is "Not Started" and then it moves to "Not needed at this time" and then to "In Progress". If it went to "In Progress", it should not go back to the same original status. If BG Check is passed, it will state that.

This is what is the information I get when I click help icon in the MyCIC account for BG:

Help - Review of background information
We need to verify criminal, security and/or other background information to ensure admissibility to Canada.
Review of background information may be Not started, Not needed at this time, In progress or Complete

Not needed at this time means we have not yet received an application for permanent residence. You need an invitation to apply before you can submit an application for permanent residence.

Not started means that we have not begun the review of background information.

In progress means that we have begun the review of background information.

If we require a document from you to complete this review, please upload it in your document checklist so we can continue to process your application.

Complete means that we have completed the review of background information.

Melodymaki

Nov 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darklord said:
Not really. When application is submitted, the BG check initial status is "Not Started" and then it moves to "Not needed at this time" and then to "In Progress". If it went to "In Progress", it should not go back to the same original status. If BG Check is passed, it will state that.

This is what is the information I get when I click help icon in the MyCIC account for BG:

Help - Review of background information
We need to verify criminal, security and/or other background information to ensure admissibility to Canada.
Review of background information may be Not started, Not needed at this time, In progress or Complete

Not needed at this time means we have not yet received an application for permanent residence. You need an invitation to apply before you can submit an application for permanent residence.

Not started means that we have not begun the review of background information.

In progress means that we have begun the review of background information.

If we require a document from you to complete this review, please upload it in your document checklist so we can continue to process your application.

Complete means that we have completed the review of background information.
Yep...I think you are right.

canada_CEC2410

Oct 28, 2014
Earlier I thought PNP is the fastest stream in EE through which we will avail PR in lees time. Now my perception is like this is on of the dead stream where officers will approve on their leisure. Also this thread is also dead and came to the page number 2. Any movement on anybody file recently. I have been asked to pay the RPRF a month back and that is the last update from CIC and on the same day my background check went into InProgress and it struck there. I thought this is the easiest stream to an officer to approve as our files are already throughly scrutinized by an officer at the time of PNP level only thing pending is like Medical and Criminality check.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
canada_CEC2410 said:
Earlier I thought PNP is the fastest stream in EE through which we will avail PR in lees time. Now my perception is like this is on of the dead stream where officers will approve on their leisure. Also this thread is also dead and came to the page number 2. Any movement on anybody file recently. I have been asked to pay the RPRF a month back and that is the last update from CIC and on the same day my background check went into InProgress and it struck there. I thought this is the easiest stream to an officer to approve as our files are already throughly scrutinized by an officer at the time of PNP level only thing pending is like Medical and Criminality check.
When did you apply?
I applied on August 17. Nothing so far. According to my GCMS notes that I received yesterday, even my eligibility wasn't started yet. Just FRUSTRATING!

canada_CEC2410

Oct 28, 2014
Phil89 said:
When did you apply?
I applied on August 17. Nothing so far. According to my GCMS notes that I received yesterday, even my eligibility wasn't started yet. Just FRUSTRATING!
Hi Mate,

I am following you on August thread. I applied on October. When I saw the request for RPRF, I thought things are moving fast but now it is like almost dead. So what is th final verdict which you can conclude from your GCM notes. May I know what is your category in PNP , is it CEC or FSW.

aru_nj

Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2015
Doc's Request.
26-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Any PNP applicants got AOR in August waiting for a DM/PPR

I have a question , why PNP August applicants from USA dont have background check started till date ?

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
aru_nj said:
Any PNP applicants got AOR in August waiting for a DM/PPR

I have a question , why PNP August applicants from USA dont have background check started till date ?
No one can say why a particular country's applicants did/did not have background check. These are internal matters of CIC to which no member is privy to.

vatsaltr

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
darklord said:
I submitted my EE application on 04 Dec. I tried to access ECAS but I am not able to based on my UCI (FSW 2014) and birth date and Family/Surname etc. Can anyone tell me how long does it take for getting access to ECAS?

Hey plz help me with payment of fees.
How did u pay?
I dnt have credit limit of 100000rs. Plz tell me how to pay fees nw?

Waiting for the reply

Thank u

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
vatsaltr said:
How did u pay?

Waiting for the reply

Thank u
You need credit card to pay the fees, this is the only way. If you do not have enough credit limit, I do not know about your bank, but my bank allows me to transfer extra funds (more than the credit limit and what is required to pay to CIC) to credit card and by this I can use my credit card to pay. Check with your bank if this is possible? If this is not possible, you will need to find a friend/family member who can help you out.

vatsaltr

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
darklord said:
You need credit card to pay the fees, this is the only way. If you do not have enough credit limit, I do not know about your bank, but my bank allows me to transfer extra funds (more than the credit limit and what is required to pay to CIC) to credit card and by this I can use my credit card to pay. Check with your bank if this is possible? If this is not possible, you will need to find a friend/family member who can help you out.

Thank u

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vatsaltr said:
How did u pay?

Waiting for the reply

Thank u
Some people have reported that certain debit cards can be used. "ICICI Bank Coral Debit card" can be used from what I hear.

Melodymaki

Nov 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phil89 said:
When did you apply?
Hi Phil89, did you submit your finger print record in Canada when applied for you EE PNP?

I was told that submitting the finger print (optional) will make the process even slower.

No sure if anyone else had heard about this.