+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application -Security check third party

Chitheer1988

Feb 27, 2017
Canada
Dear all,

I'm looking for "Yes or No" answer from those who truly know about it.

As we all know, CSIS, RCMP, and CBSA are responsible for background, criminal/security checks, but recently on the phone the IRCC operator informed me the PR application's officer requested security check from a third party and she said she doesn't know the name of it, only my officer knows but it's not CBSA, CSIS, and/or RCMP.

Is that true? Can he/she request that from a third party? If so, anyone knows who is the third party?

Thanks

Reactions: Refujeeforever

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
1. Don't trust anything that the call centre would tell you.

2. Telling you the agency from which IRCC requested a security check would be a violation of the security protocols around applications.

3. Canada routinely requests security information from the "Migration 5" (also known as the Five Eyes or the Five Countries Conference - USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada)

Reactions: adbcca

jack_2001

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dear all,

I'm looking for "Yes or No" answer from those who truly know about it.

As we all know, CSIS, RCMP, and CBSA are responsible for background, criminal/security checks, but recently on the phone the IRCC operator informed me the PR application's officer requested security check from a third party and she said she doesn't know the name of it, only my officer knows but it's not CBSA, CSIS, and/or RCMP.

Is that true? Can he/she request that from a third party? If so, anyone knows who is the third party?

Thanks
I will tell you things that I know
I sent a request to CSIS asking them when and where my security check, through ATIP, they replied not a pdf file with my PR application GCMS information , No, they sent me a piece of paper in the corner of this paper the word confidential... And some information are hidden.. But the most important part is that they answered the question that they got the request for screening from CBSA, in 10 of August 2019 and replied by their advice in 10 of September 2019 to CBSA..what is this mean.. IT MEANS SIMPLY THAT IRCC OFFICER CAN'T COMMUNICATE DIRECTLY WITH CSIS... AND THE SCREENING MUST BE THROUGH CBSA... SO THE OFFICER CAN'T JUST ASK A THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOU.. BUT HE OR SHE MUST USE CBSA TO DO THAT... AND AS YOU WHERE TALKING TO JUST A CALL CENTER WHO ISN'T A CBSA OFFICER.. SO I THINK THIS INFORMATION IS FAKE...

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
RCMP, CSIS and CBSA are also considered third party to IRCC (wife’s sponsorship application stated the same in GCMS notes and it was a regular sponsorship).

And in answer to your question, yes they can request external 3rd party information from anyone including the FBI, CBP, NATO, and any other source. You signed the documents allowing it.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I will tell you things that I know
I sent a request to CSIS asking them when and where my security check, through ATIP, they replied not a pdf file with my PR application GCMS information , No, they sent me a piece of paper in the corner of this paper the word confidential... And some information are hidden.. But the most important part is that they answered the question that they got the request for screening from CBSA, in 10 of August 2019 and replied by their advice in 10 of September 2019 to CBSA..what is this mean.. IT MEANS SIMPLY THAT IRCC OFFICER CAN'T COMMUNICATE DIRECTLY WITH CSIS... AND THE SCREENING MUST BE THROUGH CBSA... SO THE OFFICER CAN'T JUST ASK A THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOU.. BUT HE OR SHE MUST USE CBSA TO DO THAT... AND AS YOU WHERE TALKING TO JUST A CALL CENTER WHO ISN'T A CBSA OFFICER.. SO I THINK THIS INFORMATION IS FAKE...
I'm sorry, but you are mistaken about your understanding of how processes work. CBSA certainly does screening. IRCC officers can and do use processes to request third party information. All the time.

You are correct that the call centre is frequently incorrect.

Chitheer1988

Feb 27, 2017
Canada
CSIS informed me that they finished with my screening on Jan 2018, and CBSA also told me they sent the results to IRCC, and RCMP was sent on Sep 2018. So, what else Screening/Background check IRCC still need to be done? (FBI check also sent since I was in USA for 15 months)

My application is competed 100% as per the CIC website, but still saying background check in progress. Why this delay is happening to me? what should I do? Can I do a complaint? if so, how?

All documents were sent to IRCC, but they still hold on the final decision.

BTW, on August 2018 (I saw that in ATIP) the acceptance letter of the PR was issued (Welcome to Canada...etc) but then after 3 minutes the officer canceled it and requested RCMP fingerprint, which was done on Sep 2018.

Reactions: hemeda2

gurc

Jan 16, 2024
did you get your Pr ? If you did then how long did it took you to clear security check ? Please reply