+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR APPLICATION RENEWAL

Kiran preet bedi

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
I sent my PR renewal application on 22nd Feb and stayed in canada for 1 month now i came back to india because this is my PG final year so I had to come back to india. Now if I wish to come back to Canada what should I do. Do I need to apply for PRTD again? AND on what grounds should a apply what should be the reason.? Please tell

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
I sent my PR renewal application on 22nd Feb and stayed in canada for 1 month now i came back to india because this is my PG final year so I had to come back to india. Now if I wish to come back to Canada what should I do. Do I need to apply for PRTD again? AND on what grounds should a apply what should be the reason.? Please tell
*Facepalm*
It was a bad idea to travel. You just returned on an H&C PRTD, and the first thing you do is leave without your PR card!?
Anyways, what you can do at this point is wait for your PR card to be issued before taking any steps.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
From what I've gathered, you got PRTD on H&C. You do not meet the residency obligation of course. You came back and left in less than two months. You've already told IRCC in your PR card renewal application that you will be leaving Canada. Is all of this accurate?

If so, I have two questions for you:
1- Can someone mail you your PR card to you once it arrives to your Canadian address? (There's a good chance IRCC will ask you to pick it up in person, but that's a different story).

2- If you were to apply for PRTD again, what reason are you planning to tell them?

Kiran preet bedi

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
1. yes I have someone address on which IRCC can mail the Pr card
2. That's what I was thinking . Let's see what happens. Then I'll figure it out what to do

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Okay....but if I need to go back i need to again' apply for PRTD?
Yes, if you need to go back before the PR card is issued, then you need to apply for a PRTD again and the PRTD needs to be requested under H&C like you did previously.

Note that the card may be mailed to the address you provided or it's possible IRCC may request that you come in person to pick up the card. If it is mailed to the address you provided, then that person can send you the PR card outside of Canada by mail. If an in person pick up is requested by IRCC, then you will need to appear at their offices in person and will have no choice but to apply for another PRTD (or alternatively get a US visa, travel to the US and then re-enter Canada through a land border).

Reactions: DimT44

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Okay ..but why I should get US visa ?
It's an alternative to entering Canada if you don't have a PR card. You would fly to the US, the cross US/Canada border by car for example. This useful since you airlines won't allow you to board on a flight to Canada without a visa or PR fard, but border officers on US/CN will let you in provided you prove to them you are a PR in almost any way (PR card isn't a must)

Kiran preet bedi

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Okay...but is there any possibility that i can get PR card? Because my PRTD was approved and in visa i have a category RC-1 . SO WHAT YOU THINK?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Okay...but is there any possibility that i can get PR card? Because my PRTD was approved and in visa i have a category RC-1 . SO WHAT YOU THINK?
You will be issued a PR card. It's just whether they mail it or ask you to pick it up in person. Please re read the previous messages because this was mentioned.