+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application renewal after a decade

Lesliz

May 11, 2015
Hi everyone! my sister and I were suppose to come here in Canada same time a decade ago (2005). Unfortunately for her she got married then gave birth a week before departing for Canada. I flew and she got left behind with her new family. Is there by any chance we can salvage or somehow renew her application after almost 13 years had passed. She did get her immigration visa and all that time, it's just that we didn't look into fixing her status before then which I realized now that all she had to do back then would have to call CIC and inform her of her new status. Appreciate all the advises and answers. Thank you :)
And

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Lesliz said:
Hi everyone! my sister and I were suppose to come here in Canada same time a decade ago (2005). Unfortunately for her she got married then gave birth a week before departing for Canada. I flew and she got left behind with her new family. Is there by any chance we can salvage or somehow renew her application after almost 13 years had passed. She did get her immigration visa and all that time, it's just that we didn't look into fixing her status before then which I realized now that all she had to do back then would have to call CIC and inform her of her new status. Appreciate all the advises and answers. Thank you :)
And
No, if you mean she never actually landed as a PR then zero chance. Her application was completely closed out ages ago. Her or her husband would need to apply independent under one of the economic streams if they qualify.

bubulici

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
As Rob_TO susaid, no. Because, a PR visa that's not activated by the deadline indicated at the time of issuance, becomes void. She would have to start fresh with a new application as far as I understand from your description.