+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application Rejected for Skilled Worker

PrinceKumar

Feb 16, 2018
Hello,

Recently, my PR application has been rejected by VO stating 'I am not satisfied that you meet the minimum entry criteria as per 75(2)(a) of the Regulations.' I applied under NOC 1211 as I hold experience as Training Coordinator in my first job for 2.5 years. Currently I'm working as E-Learning Developer but there is no NOC available for either of it. So, opted for 1211 as it was more generic and NOC description 50% matches to the reference letter I got.

Now, my consultant is advising me to re-apply under NOC 5241 (Graphic Designer), again the reference letter I possess and description for NOC matches partially, around 50%. I'm afraid that even if I reapply, application will meet the same fate.

Please advise.

PS: My current score is around 430.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What are the exact dates of employment on your Primary NOC?
Also how many hours per week you worked on such NOC.

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hello,

Recently, my PR application has been rejected by VO stating 'I am not satisfied that you meet the minimum entry criteria as per 75(2)(a) of the Regulations.' I applied under NOC 1211 as I hold experience as Training Coordinator in my first job for 2.5 years. Currently I'm working as E-Learning Developer but there is no NOC available for either of it. So, opted for 1211 as it was more generic and NOC description 50% matches to the reference letter I got.

Now, my consultant is advising me to re-apply under NOC 5241 (Graphic Designer), again the reference letter I possess and description for NOC matches partially, around 50%. I'm afraid that even if I reapply, application will meet the same fate.

Please advise.

Is this probably one of the rare rejections due to work experience not matching the NOC?

Krystine

Dec 12, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-04-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
I am sorry to hear that. What was the exact reason that your working experience got rejected? wrong NOC code?

PrinceKumar

Feb 16, 2018
Not incorrect NOC code completely but the descriptions in Primary NOC Code and Employer Reference Letter didn't match completely.

I seek advice on re-apply with another NOC Code from my current job profile. However, it also has the same issue. I'm working as an Instructional Designer/E-Learning Developer currently and neither my Designation nor my Job Responsibilities match with any given NOC Code.

I'm being advise to re-apply with NOC Code 5241 (Graphic Designer), which is most near to work I do and provide document for.

PrinceKumar

Feb 16, 2018
I am sorry to hear that. What was the exact reason that your working experience got rejected? wrong NOC code?
Not incorrect NOC code completely but the descriptions in Primary NOC Code and Employer Reference Letter didn't match completely.

I seek advice on re-apply with another NOC Code from my current job profile. However, it also has the same issue. I'm working as an Instructional Designer/E-Learning Developer currently and neither my Designation nor my Job Responsibilities match with any given NOC Code.

I'm being advise to re-apply with NOC Code 5241 (Graphic Designer), which is most near to work I do and provide document for.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hello,

Please advise.

Sorry to hear that. Which was your visa office and how many days has it been since your AOR that you received this letter. Could you please give the timelines?