+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application rejected due to incomplete application

Hassanalavi

Jun 19, 2017
I got the below letter from cic!
It wasn't mentioned anywhere when I was completing the profile or application that I would need to provide police certificate for the vacations I have taken to Pakistan while living and residing in Canada. Cic did not ask me to provide further documents instead rejected my application. Can anyone advise if my pnp nomination is still valid and if I can appeal this descion amd provide what they need or will I have to apply all over again!

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.

Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: - Police Certificate:

o The Police certificate from PAKISTAN that you provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in PAKISTAN. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in PAKISTAN from:

o June 5, 2007 (18th birthday) to August 28, 2008 (included in police cert)
o May 8, 2009 to August 14, 2009
o April 25, 2010 to August 31, 2010
o November 23, 2016 to present March 10, 2017 (application received date)

o NOTE: If you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months that counts as spending six months there. Therefore, you would need a Police certificate from Pakistan that covers the time lived/visited there that covers the previous dates.

Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.

provost

Feb 14, 2017
It wasn't mentioned anywhere when I was completing the profile or application that I would need to provide police certificate for the vacations I have taken to Pakistan while living and residing in Canada. Cic did not ask me to provide further documents instead rejected my application. Can anyone advise if my pnp nomination is still valid and if I can appeal this descion amd provide what they need or will I have to apply all over again!

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.

Specifically, your application does not include the following elements: - Police Certificate:

o The Police certificate from PAKISTAN that you provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in PAKISTAN. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in PAKISTAN from:

o NOTE: If you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months that counts as spending six months there. Therefore, you would need a Police certificate from Pakistan that covers the time lived/visited there that covers the previous dates.

Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.
Obtain the necessary PCC and request for an extension of your Nomination Certificate if it is expiring soon. You will need to re-apply all over again. This is quite unusual though as files are rarely returned due to lack of PCC

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Do not appeal. It will waste your time. CIC was correct in calculating your period in PAKISTAN. There is an example similar to your case on CIC website : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

If your nomination has not expired yet, you need to reapply immediately before the expired date. If your nomination was expired, you would need to contact the province again for extension. Most of the time, they will grant you extension if it's due to police certificate.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Agreed with the recommendations above. You need to obtain an updated PCC and reapply. There is no point appealing.

Reactions: shaizeik

nuksyed

Dec 4, 2013
AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Doc's Request.
01-12-2015
Nomination.....
10-12-2015 Sent CIC: 09-02-2016
AOR Received.
waiting.
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
When did u apply for your application?

Jaymin007

Oct 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I am really sorry to here that. One of my friend is in same situation as yours. However, his file retunrs coz of not stating Not applicable in one the form. So he applied for extension with PNP And sent again whole file after throughly check. I am just wonder that CIC is not asking further documents and reject even in paper based
File too now.

Did you recived ur AOR? Have u linked ur application to online account? And have u called CIC that why u didnt get any document request?

elizie

Oct 25, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
01-02-2017
AOR Received.
10-04-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application package
File Transfer...
15-05-2017
Med's Request
25-04-2018
Med's Done....
11-05-2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2018

did you receive any AOR? or did they just reject your application?

Harmeen

Jul 15, 2017

Hey dear

Did you do something about this case?

louisamoje

Aug 15, 2017
How do you link your unexpired nomination to your new express entry profile? I can't figure it out.

Do not appeal. It will waste your time. CIC was correct in calculating your period in PAKISTAN. There is an example similar to your case on CIC website : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

If your nomination has not expired yet, you need to reapply immediately before the expired date. If your nomination was expired, you would need to contact the province again for extension. Most of the time, they will grant you extension if it's due to police certificate.

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Back in June, I received an email from CIC to remind me to pay RPRF fee, police certificates, etc.

In the letter, it did say the following:

POLICE CERTIFICATES If you have not already done so, provide Original Police Certificates from each country and territory where you lived for six or more months in a row since the age of 18, for you and all family members over 18. If you delay in sending in these police certificates your application will be delayed

Maybe CIC doesn't even know what it is doing ?
No you cannot. It's just waste of time. No points to do that. Try to re-apply as soon as you can.

Btw, the definition of PCC is very clear and is a basic knowledge to anyone. That if you get a PCC and come back to that country, it will be revoked automatically. You should get the updated one. Many people got this problem already, they all got rejected immediately. CIC is extremely strict about this.

Reactions: shaizeik and jman25

sluong

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/04/2016
Doc's Request.
26/10/2016
Nomination.....
23/11/2015
AOR Received.
10/06/2016
Med's Request
01/05/2017
Med's Done....
05/05/2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland

Please, can you tell me how far along you are in the cic-stage? Is this a rejection of the application or denial of permanent resident status?
My application was returned once due to one missing signature but I got the whole package back by mail with a letter from cic saying my application is incomplete, not REJECTED..

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I will take your advice. My company's HR also advises me to do so just in case - even though she thinks it should be fine without Thailand's police cert.

Questions for you if you have some time to answer

(1) My current status of reviewing additional document changed from "Not Applicable" to "We do not require any additional documents from you". Does it mean they have done the completeness check?

(2) Once I send my application, can I still travel abroad? I have another country - UK that I have not reached 6 months or more yet. But if I visit again, I will exceed.

(3) I have issued police certificate from my home country after I left. Does it mean I cannot visit my home for holiday during my application?

Thank you
1. The line of additional doc won't tell you anything. It just means that someone is touching on your files.
2. Yes, you can travel after you got AOR without updating the new PCC.
3. You can visit your home country only when you get your AOR. If you travel before AOR, you need a new updated PCC.

Rhea1112

Aug 15, 2017
Hi! Can anybody please share experience or advice regarding declaration from non-accompanying parent? My son's father refuses to sign the document. If I send an explanation letter along with an affidavit from the father stating his reasons, do I still have a chance of getting approval for permanent residence application?

Hassanalavi

Jun 19, 2017
Hi all,

I'm
In the process of reapplying now with the updated PCC.

To
Transfer existing nomination you need to email Onip. In my case since I had enough points I didn't transfer nomination and got my new it's without hr transfer.

Can someone advise if I should be including high school in education history. If so do I select yes I have received a certificate or should I select was in good standing but no cert received. I do have a certificate btw but if I say yes will I not have to get an eca done for that? That seems pointless considering I have bachelors from a Canadian Uni.
Let me know what you think?

Actually another trick question I encountered was with my work history. In my last year at Uni in Canada I was working part time at the source. For the first half of my job I was a full time student while in the middle I graduated and was no longer a student but continued working at the source. Now there is a specific section where it asks if I was studying full time while doing this job. What should I do?
I think I should break the job into two segments and write yes for the first part and no for the second. What do you guys think?