+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application rejected after ITA

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
to the best of my knowledge, your POF will only be calculated based on the exchange rate at the time of AOR regadless of the fluctuations afterwards
Can anyone confirm this? I'm relying hard on this fact. The surging dollar could very well take my bank balance below the minimum, in coming months.
I'm afraid this is incorrect.
Review of POF is done based on currency exchange of the day agent is reviewing it.
There have been some reports on this forum where applicants were refused PR because their settlement funds have dipped below minimum due to currency fluctuation.

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
Sorry for posting this here guys, but I've created two separate posts over the last 2 months but neither seem to have gotten any views, replies or traction and the issue is time sensitive (again)
Admins, if too off topic, I will remove this
@Varunaimar any inputs would help!

Here is my problem:
"
TL;DR : PR status- decision pending after 4 months, but accepted to college in Canada starting Jan 7 2019, so applied and gotten student visa approved (through same GIC profile). What happens to my PR status?

Detailed info:

I had applied for a PR through the express entry program with a CRS score of 441. After receiving the ITA, I submitted my final documents to the IRCC on August 3, 2018. Till now (November 29, 2018), I have only heard back from them about having passed the medical, but the final decision is still pending.

Meanwhile, I have been accepted at an MBA college in Canada, who's offer I have accepted and made the initial deposit as well. For this, through the same IRCC profile, I had applied for and just yesterday (Nov 27, 2018) received my approval for a student visa. My flight leaves for Toronto on January 1, 2019 since my course starts on January 7, 2019.

My question is as follows: Since my PR application does not mention (as I had not anticipated that the final PR decision would take longer than it has) that I will be travelling to Canada, what should I do? I am concerned that if my PR approval comes after I leave India, I will not be able to submit my passport for the PR Visa stamp to the Indian Visa office.
Also, since the PR application was filed months before my student visa, should I inform the IRCC about the fact that I have been accepted to an MBA college and that I will be travelling on a student Visa to Canada on January 1, 2019, and moreover that I have an update on my passport, and that my work status is changed as well? (it will change from "Working" to "Student" )
((And, my resident status changes from Resident Indian to Temporary resident- Canada))

Also, I will soon be getting my student Visa stamped. If my PR application is accepted and I receive the call for having the passport stamped AGAIN, with a PR visa this time, my passport will already have a student Visa stamped. How will this effect my situation?

The issue is fairly technical and I would appreciate it if I could get some professional advise on the same.

Thanks in advance. You guys are lifesavers

"

Original Post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-status-final-decision-pending-student-visa-approved-conflict-please-help.597766/
Hey Congratulation for your study permit approval.
Its good that you got approved but have you ever say YES to those statutory question that "Have you ever applied to canada before? in study permit question.
I have seen from your previous post that you got rejected in PR application and its clearly states your intention for going Canada to permanent stay. While Study permit application, its solely depends on STUDY intention and after completion your study, you would come back. I'm very surprise, having IRCC know that you had previously been rejected for PR application and still they grant you study visa. I'm not that kind a Jealous but its weird policy of IRCC.

i hope you haven't hide or omit any statutory question which would create a problem in Future PR application.

PawanKapoor89

Dec 7, 2017
Its good that you got approved but have you ever say YES to those statutory question that "Have you ever applied to canada before? in study permit question.
I have seen from your previous post that you got rejected in PR application and its clearly states your intention for going Canada to permanent stay. While Study permit application, its solely depends on STUDY intention and after completion your study, you would come back. I'm very surprise, having IRCC know that you had previously been rejected for PR application and still they grant you study visa. I'm not that kind a Jealous but its weird policy of IRCC.

i hope you haven't hide or omit any statutory question which would create a problem in Future PR application.
If you read the previous response you would be able to see that I've already mentioned that I've marked yes to the question. It's not weird policy, it's weird that this bothers you.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......

The fact he applied for PR before doesnt disqualify him for a study visa. Although yes, it's evidence of possible intention of immigration, applications are evaluated as they are received, while taking history in consideration. That means if he/she shows the situation has changed and he has evidence of ties to home country, it's all good. It's not weird at all, although they would indeed probably take extra caution.

If it was a systematic refusal everytime, anyone who has been refused a PR application before, will have to say goodbye to any possibility of a visa in the future, visitor or study...

PawanKapoor89

Dec 7, 2017
The fact he applied for PR before doesnt disqualify him for a study visa. Although yes, it's evidence of possible intention of immigration, applications are evaluated as they are received, while taking history in consideration. That means if he/she shows the situation has changed and he has evidence of ties to home country, it's all good. It's not weird at all, although they would indeed probably take extra caution.

If it was a systematic refusal everytime, anyone who has been refused a PR application before, will have to say goodbye to any possibility of a visa in the future, visitor or study...
You're right. Besides, the student visa coming through was more of a challenge with the PR application already existing. If I have already applied for a PR and am now applying for a student visa, THAT shows that my intention is probably to stay there more than temporarily, but since the student visa came through in less than three weeks and without a hassle, I think the tricky part in this context is over.
I'm just guessing though.

Also, I feel I should elaborate my PR application status as well. In 2017, PR application rejected due to insufficient funds. 2018- applied PR again and got the ITA. Current status (December 2018)- PR Application submitted and under process.

So the question of "future PR application" is already redundant

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
You're right. Besides, the student visa coming through was more of a challenge with the PR application already existing. If I have already applied for a PR and am now applying for a student visa, THAT shows that my intention is probably to stay there more than temporarily, but since the student visa came through in less than three weeks and without a hassle, I think the tricky part in this context is over.
I'm just guessing though.

Also, I feel I should elaborate my PR application status as well. In 2017, PR application rejected due to insufficient funds. 2018- applied PR again and got the ITA. Current status (December 2018)- PR Application submitted and under process.

So the question of "future PR application" is already redundant
Sincere congratulations. Anyone applying for study visa after PR should expect more of a challenge, and application will always be put under more scrutiny. Great that everything went well for you.
Obviously they were satisfied that you had enough ties. Once you get all settled down after you finish your studies, apply for PR if you're still interested.

PawanKapoor89

Dec 7, 2017
Sincere congratulations. Anyone applying for study visa after PR should expect more of a challenge, and application will always be put under more scrutiny. Great that everything went well for you.
Obviously they were satisfied that you had enough ties. Once you get all settled down after you finish your studies, apply for PR if you're still interested.
Thanks. But you missed one thing here. My PR application is STILL LIVE. I'm waiting for a final decision! From the same profile that I sent my student visa apploapplic, my PR application is still live and under process. That's the whole point of my initial query

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thanks. But you missed one thing here. My PR application is STILL LIVE. I'm waiting for a final decision! From the same profile that I sent my student visa apploapplic, my PR application is still live and under process. That's the whole point of my initial query
My apologies, missed your original post. I thought you were just rejected before and that's it.
I'm not sure what will go with your PR application, don't wanna send you on a wrong path. All I know is that you can only claim one status when you enter Canada. Probably your student visa will be voided if your application is approved.

But if it's approved another matter will rise concerning school fees. Resident and foreigner fees are different ...

But I think you should consult a professional on these specific matters. I'm pinging @legalfalcon here for more thoughts...

Reactions: PawanKapoor89

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My apologies, missed your original post. I thought you were just rejected before and that's it.
I'm not sure what will go with your PR application, don't wanna send you on a wrong path. All I know is that you can only claim one status when you enter Canada. Probably your student visa will be voided if your application is approved.

But if it's approved another matter will rise concerning school fees. Resident and foreigner fees are different ...

But I think you should consult a professional on these specific matters. I'm pinging @legalfalcon here for more thoughts...
@PawanKapoor89

Can you please re-post your questions, so that it is not scattered and I will revert back.

Reactions: shaizeik

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
@PawanKapoor89

Can you please re-post your questions, so that it is not scattered and I will revert back.
Sorry for posting this here guys, but I've created two separate posts over the last 2 months but neither seem to have gotten any views, replies or traction and the issue is time sensitive (again)
Admins, if too off topic, I will remove this
@Varunaimar any inputs would help!

Here is my problem:
"
TL;DR : PR status- decision pending after 4 months, but accepted to college in Canada starting Jan 7 2019, so applied and gotten student visa approved (through same GIC profile). What happens to my PR status?

Detailed info:

I had applied for a PR through the express entry program with a CRS score of 441. After receiving the ITA, I submitted my final documents to the IRCC on August 3, 2018. Till now (November 29, 2018), I have only heard back from them about having passed the medical, but the final decision is still pending.

Meanwhile, I have been accepted at an MBA college in Canada, who's offer I have accepted and made the initial deposit as well. For this, through the same IRCC profile, I had applied for and just yesterday (Nov 27, 2018) received my approval for a student visa. My flight leaves for Toronto on January 1, 2019 since my course starts on January 7, 2019.

My question is as follows: Since my PR application does not mention (as I had not anticipated that the final PR decision would take longer than it has) that I will be travelling to Canada, what should I do? I am concerned that if my PR approval comes after I leave India, I will not be able to submit my passport for the PR Visa stamp to the Indian Visa office.
Also, since the PR application was filed months before my student visa, should I inform the IRCC about the fact that I have been accepted to an MBA college and that I will be travelling on a student Visa to Canada on January 1, 2019, and moreover that I have an update on my passport, and that my work status is changed as well? (it will change from "Working" to "Student" )
((And, my resident status changes from Resident Indian to Temporary resident- Canada))

Also, I will soon be getting my student Visa stamped. If my PR application is accepted and I receive the call for having the passport stamped AGAIN, with a PR visa this time, my passport will already have a student Visa stamped. How will this effect my situation?

The issue is fairly technical and I would appreciate it if I could get some professional advise on the same.

Thanks in advance. You guys are lifesavers

"

Original Post: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-status-final-decision-pending-student-visa-approved-conflict-please-help.597766/

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
The simple answer to all your concerns is that you are thinking too much. Let me explain it to you:

PR application and student visa are two entirely different applications and have no bearing with each other. When you move to Canada, and get an address, inform IRCC of your new address, and if you receive a PPR then you will be asked to submit the PP at Ottawa and not in your country.

When your PR is approved, all visas on your passport are automatically cancelled, since you no longer need a visa to enter Canada. A lot of applicants file their PR applications and then come to Canada on a Visitor's visa.

The only think you need to worry about is your fee. With a student permit you will be paying international fee. However, if you become a PR, you will be eligible for a domestic tuition rate and even lower province resident rate. As soon as you become a PR, inform your educational institution of it and get your resident status changed.

doctor123

Dec 4, 2018
dubai
Category........
FSW
I hope you had the funds there for good. If you remove the funds, they will certainly reject if they don't find the minimum funds required
Hey Pawan

I can imagine the frustration youre going through currently especially after having putting in all those efforts to launch a profile,obtain an ITA and apply for residency.All id say is good luck for your appeal and hopefully you get through it with ease this time.Its always for the best.Coming to that i guess im also undergoing the same scenario.To be honest i wasnt aware of the fact that the officers are going to cross check with the banks regarding the current bank balance.So i did show an amount of 32,000 cad initially in my bank statement however due to other expenses it has dropped.I just wanted to clarify,is it necessary to put back the same amount we showed initially in the bank statement or would it suffice if we have the required threshold of amount as per the cic criteria (which is around 15000 cad for 2 people).Its been a month since ive submitted by residency application and im still waiting for their revert.Before something unfortunate happens i gotta fill up the account again :(
Your advice would be much appreciated.

aboumaouada

Star Member
May 10, 2018
algeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
paris
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-06-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Request
06-08-2018
Med's Done....
14-11-2018
They knew almost the exact amount that I had in my account - 11,672[/QUOTE
Thank you very much for your reply. I am trying to get the funds as fast as I can (atleast temporarily while i havent received my salary. once i get my salary hopefully in a week or so, i am safe).

my bank account can reflect stability (except during the past 4 weeks due to the full payment for my flat). my best case is that if i get the funds, they will notice sudden fluctuation and ask for ADR, worst case is that they will reject my application. I hope i get the funds in time before CIC gets to see my bank account. my sister warned me about this and i wasnt convinced. only when i saw your post, that i started worrying and thinking about the possibility. I am assuming that CIC did not ask for ADR during the entire process, am i correct? so that means CIC checked your bank directly for updated funds. I guess this is what Varunaimar is clarifying.

another question, may i know when your IP2 was during the first application?

Thank you so much again for answering my queries. :) Good luck to us all
Hello,
in the letter they said that you have declared 12,400 $ but you have submitted the amount of 11,672, can please clarify which of this amounts was mentionned on bank paper that you have uploaded (when submitted your application what was the amount 12,400 or 11,672) and thanks in advance

Yelzamani

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
I have submitted by application in April 2019 when PKR vs CAD was 109; I had mentioned Ill bring along CAD 13000 and my balance at the time of POF was PKR 36k above the requirement; I showed myself as a salaried person. I am 3 months into my application the exchange rate has depreciated to 125; my balance is still the same. PLease suggest what to do this is alarming??
For now, just try to add more funds to your account to be safe.

You should order your GCMS notes. The initial review where funds are checked is usually completed within the first few months. The review should be in your GCMS notes and you would see if the case analyst had any issue with your POF.

All the best!