+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application Refused

WillBCanuck

Mar 19, 2010
I just received notice that my PR application as a member of the Self-Employed persons Class has been refused. They say that my skills are not in demand in Canada (I am Graphic Designer/Animator), they also say that they don't see evidence I can make a significant contribution to the graphic design/animation industry in Canada and so, that my evidence does not demonstrate the definition of self-employed person.

Is there a way to ask for a change in the application Class to Skilled worker? Should I re-apply as a Skilled worker and wait all this years again? What options do I have?

Thanks for any insight

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

WillBCanuck said:
I just received notice that my PR application as a member of the Self-Employed persons Class has been refused. They say that my skills are not in demand in Canada (I am Graphic Designer/Animator), they also say that they don't see evidence I can make a significant contribution to the graphic design/animation industry in Canada and so, that my evidence does not demonstrate the definition of self-employed person.

Is there a way to ask for a change in the application Class to Skilled worker? Should I re-apply as a Skilled worker and wait all this years again? What options do I have?

Thanks for any insight
1. Your application is refused, you can't "change over", you have to reapply as FSW if you are eligible.

WillBCanuck

Mar 19, 2010
Thanks for the reply. I will reapply as FSW NOC 2174.

Can I ask for my documents back? Do they return them? most documents are copies but there are some originals that I would like to keep.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Yes you should request them to be returned

pathania07

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
yes u can re-apply but if chc apply on your file section 40a then u can't re-apply . tell me chc only refussed or applied 40a section on ur file...?

WillBCanuck

Mar 19, 2010
pathania07 said:
yes u can re-apply but if chc apply on your file section 40a then u can't re-apply . tell me chc only refussed or applied 40a section on ur file...?
They have only refused, no mention of the 40a section. BTW what's that 40a section about?

pathania07

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
hi what reason they have given u for your refussel. and now u have better option if they dont apply on u 40a section .mean 40a no vain for reply...