+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application questions - Please HELP

ainp14Dec

Star Member
Nov 27, 2013
I am about to submit my PR application and am waiting for some documents from my employer.

Need some advice on below points

1) I added one of my earlier employer where i worked for 4 months and i have a letter from them which states the hourly rate and dates i worked for them. I also have T4 and salary slips. But i am unable to get from them the employment letter in the format requested by them. I am still following up with them. Would it be issue if i dont get the requested doc from my employer?

2) My old passport expired and i got it renewed. Do we need to enter old passport details in the section for Passport details?
Also, do i need to attach old passport with PR application?

3) Province where you plan to stay - There is no option "ALL" there. Can we select just any one of them?

4) Police Certificate - Do they not ask for original at all. This goes for all other documents as well since we are just going to scan and attach them.

Thanks in advance for help.

Balaji999

Nov 7, 2016
Hi

I am in the same situation. I am applying for PR in Canada. I have not clicked Submit yet. I am currently in India and getting a new passport as my current one is about to expire. You seem to have gone through this. Can you please assist here? Do I submit with current passport details and send new passport details later or should I wait for the new passport and put in the new passport number where asked and then submit?

Very urgent. Hope for a response soon.

Thanks
Balaji

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hi bro you could wait untill your new passport comes,if you cannot get your new passport before your deadline then you are good to upload the old one and later you could submit new passport by CSE.
Good luck.

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
ainp14Dec said:
I am about to submit my PR application and am waiting for some documents from my employer.

Need some advice on below points

1) I added one of my earlier employer where i worked for 4 months and i have a letter from them which states the hourly rate and dates i worked for them. I also have T4 and salary slips. But i am unable to get from them the employment letter in the format requested by them. I am still following up with them. Would it be issue if i dont get the requested doc from my employer?
Check this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html
2) My old passport expired and i got it renewed. Do we need to enter old passport details in the section for Passport details?
Also, do i need to attach old passport with PR application?
yes you need to upload the pages which has visa stamped but if you don't have visa stamped then just bio pages

3) Province where you plan to stay - There is no option "ALL" there. Can we select just any one of them?
yes

4) Police Certificate - Do they not ask for original at all. This goes for all other documents as well since we are just going to scan and attach them.
just scanned and upload,in the future IRCC might be asked original so keep it safe.

Thanks in advance for help.

Kevin1987

Nov 7, 2016
Hi there, I received ITA last week. But while filling my application I realise something which may result in my application being refused. My work permit expired on 20 July 2015, but I considered myself on implied status since I send an application for work permit extention before the expiry date. However, my application got returned on 20 August 2015, saying that a fee of 155$ was missing. That was weird because the copy of the receipts was in the return application envelop and I also have copies of the e-receipts which demonstrated that I paid both a fees of $100 and $155 for processing the application.

I immediately send another application for work permit and explain the situation. I stopped on 30th September 2015 and leaved Canada on the same date. I got a refusal letter for the work permit one year later, i.e, September 2016 via email.

Technically it means that I have worked illegally from 20 July 2015 to 30 September.

Please advise me how do I should I explained this in the explanation letter to the immigration officer and what is the chance that we might refused my PR application because of this.