App. Filed.......
3rd April 2019
AOR Received.
3rd April 2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2019
Has anyone tried renewing their passport while their Canadian PR application is in process? I got my ITA and submitted the application in April and as of July I’ll have only 6 more months of validity for my passport! Will renewing my passport further delay the PR process? Will I have to submit new PCC with new passport details?

eiden03

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Has anyone tried renewing their passport while their Canadian PR application is in process? I got my ITA and submitted the application in April and as of July I’ll have only 6 more months of validity for my passport! Will renewing my passport further delay the PR process? Will I have to submit new PCC with new passport details?
You won't have to provide a new PCC. You can proceed to renew your passport, it will not affect your application. Just make sure to raise a webform informing it along with the scan of your new passport.

Jordan_10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2019
AOR Received.
3rd April 2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2019
You won't have to provide a new PCC. You can proceed to renew your passport, it will not affect your application. Just make sure to raise a webform informing it along with the scan of your new passport.
Hi @eiden03 thank you so much for your reply. I live in Australia and hold an Indian passport, so they say it might take around 1.5 to 2 months to renew it because my passport wasn’t issued here in Australia previously! I did contact VFS and they say there are no emergency processing system! So I am very confused on what to do! My passport expires in Jan 2020 but when I get my PPR I’ll have less than 6 months validity! Will they not stamp my passport and issue CoPR if my passport has less than 6 months validity?

Thanks in advance.

eiden03

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hi @eiden03 thank you so much for your reply. I live in Australia and hold an Indian passport, so they say it might take around 1.5 to 2 months to renew it because my passport wasn’t issued here in Australia previously! I did contact VFS and they say there are no emergency processing system! So I am very confused on what to do! My passport expires in Jan 2020 but when I get my PPR I’ll have less than 6 months validity! Will they not stamp my passport and issue CoPR if my passport has less than 6 months validity?

Thanks in advance.
As far as I know, they would not issue a visa in your passport if it has less than 6 months validity. I'd recommend you proceed with the renewal asap and if you get PPR before you get your new passport back, raise a webform explaining the situation and they will extend the time you have to send your passport.

Nonetheless, do dig a bit deeper on this matter in the forums, don't just take my advice at face value.

Jordan_10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2019
AOR Received.
3rd April 2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2019
As far as I know, they would not issue a visa in your passport if it has less than 6 months validity. I'd recommend you proceed with the renewal asap and if you get PPR before you get your new passport back, raise a webform explaining the situation and they will extend the time you have to send your passport.

Nonetheless, do dig a bit deeper on this matter in the forums, don't just take my advice at face value.

Thank you @eiden03 for your prompt response. I did ask around and read some messages in the forum and have gotten mixed responses. Some say as my medicals expire in November, before my passport does, they say just let it be!! And give the old passport as the visa would anyways be until November 2019! I’ll do some more research! Thank you for your time! I appreciate it!

Hank07

Nov 27, 2018
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8.5, 8.5, 7, 7.5
Thank you @eiden03 for your prompt response. I did ask around and read some messages in the forum and have gotten mixed responses. Some say as my medicals expire in November, before my passport does, they say just let it be!! And give the old passport as the visa would anyways be until November 2019! I’ll do some more research! Thank you for your time! I appreciate it!
I am in the same situation, I read a few threads but couldn't find a solution either. Please keep me in the loop.

Hank07

Nov 27, 2018
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8.5, 8.5, 7, 7.5
I am in the same situation, I read a few threads but couldn't find a solution either. Please keep me in the loop.

Jordan_10

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
App. Filed.......
3rd April 2019
AOR Received.
3rd April 2019
Passport Req..
03-10-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-10-2019
Hey sure! Will do that! When did you submit your application? Also, when does your passport expire?