+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application - no update - more than 6 months

komal.s

Oct 10, 2019
Hello All,

I got ITA on 20th march and submitted on 8th April 2019. May 16 - I passed the medical exam. May 21 - Biometrics completed. But since then there is no update in my cic account. Background check - "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

My application just passed the normal processing time of 6 months 4 days ago. I tried contacting visa office in India and they said the file is being processed in CPC - Ottawa. I tried contacting them via web form but no reply. I left them 2 messages.

Any idea on why are they not replying? Is it because of the upcoming elections on 21st October? Have the halted all application processing and communication till the new government is formed? My husband is already a PR and I applied under express entry for shorter processing time. Provided all documents as required. Any suggestions / help?

Thanks
K

star.igg

Star Member
Sep 14, 2019
Hello All,

I got ITA on 20th march and submitted on 8th April 2019. May 16 - I passed the medical exam. May 21 - Biometrics completed. But since then there is no update in my cic account. Background check - "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

My application just passed the normal processing time of 6 months 4 days ago. I tried contacting visa office in India and they said the file is being processed in CPC - Ottawa. I tried contacting them via web form but no reply. I left them 2 messages.

Any idea on why are they not replying? Is it because of the upcoming elections on 21st October? Have the halted all application processing and communication till the new government is formed? My husband is already a PR and I applied under express entry for shorter processing time. Provided all documents as required. Any suggestions / help?

Thanks
K
6 months is average processing time and they are not required to process every application within 6 months but they aim at doing so. Since every application is unique, there can be delays sometimes. CIC response to webforms can take anywhere between 2-30 days.
It's just a waiting game, have patience and stay hopeful.