+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR- Application- Malaysia Folks

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Hello folks,
Subject: Malaysia Birth Certificate.

Anyone has submitted a PR application from Malaysia please advise. I have submitted the original birth certificate of my kid obtained from Kuala Lumpur which appear in Malaya and English languages despite few words were in Malaya. In general the documents is very clear for english reader! I am wondering if anyone has done this before without translation and how did it go?

Appreciate your inputs

Mar 13, 2019
Hello folks,
Subject: Malaysia Birth Certificate.

Anyone has submitted a PR application from Malaysia please advise. I have submitted the original birth certificate of my kid obtained from Kuala Lumpur which appear in Malaya and English languages despite few words were in Malaya. In general the documents is very clear for english reader! I am wondering if anyone has done this before without translation and how did it go?

Appreciate your inputs
Not from Malaysia, but we have similar circumstances here in Pakistan where birth certificate is issued with both English and local language mention side by side on the same certificate.
While it can be argued that a Translation shouldnt be required, but the onus remains on the applicants to comply as perfectly with the guidelines as possible. It may take you a few hours and a small amount to get these dual language documents translated but remember that it will take you many times over and cost you many times over too if your application is turned down on such a petty thing ( imagine you can even loose you chance of ever immigrating to canada if you dont qualify in the next round). Therefore I did get the translations done notwithstanding that details were mentioned in English too.
My Case got approved.

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Not from Malaysia, but we have similar circumstances here in Pakistan where birth certificate is issued with both English and local language mention side by side on the same certificate.
While it can be argued that a Translation shouldnt be required, but the onus remains on the applicants to comply as perfectly with the guidelines as possible. It may take you a few hours and a small amount to get these dual language documents translated but remember that it will take you many times over and cost you many times over too if your application is turned down on such a petty thing ( imagine you can even loose you chance of ever immigrating to canada if you dont qualify in the next round). Therefore I did get the translations done notwithstanding that details were mentioned in English too.
My Case got approved.
Hey man, very kind of you. In fact at the begining i have submitted the original document for my work permit two years back and it was approved, this gave me the impression that it doesn’t need translation when i translated every single document needed. Now my PR application is submitted and i am thinking to translate it and send through webform!?

Mar 13, 2019
Hey man, very kind of you. In fact at the begining i have submitted the original document for my work permit two years back and it was approved, this gave me the impression that it doesn’t need translation when i translated every single document needed. Now my PR application is submitted and i am thinking to translate it and send through webform!?
Yes I would encourage you to have all such documents translated

Dhabaan

May 1, 2016
Yes I would encourage you to have all such documents translated
All documents were translated by ATIO. Only that particular document didnt as i said because it appears in both two languages. I have just sent it for translation and will send it tomorrow by webform.

Do you think it is going to be added to my pr application once they receive it?

Thank you

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
All documents were translated by ATIO. Only that particular document didnt as i said because it appears in both two languages. I have just sent it for translation and will send it tomorrow by webform.

Do you think it is going to be added to my pr application once they receive it?

Thank you

Hi Dhabaan,

May I check if the dual language Malaysian birth cert is accepted?

Thanks!