+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application issue

Rajvinder Singh

Nov 30, 2018
Hi there,

Good morning to everyone.

I am in a huge dilemma because when i submitted my Study visa application i did not show my B.A from India as I showed my Diploma in civil engineering. But now that my WES is done for my bachelor's and it is 3 years equivalency to canadian bachelor i am wondering if i could add my B.A to my PR application as i did not show it before .

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi there,

Good morning to everyone.

I am in a huge dilemma because when i submitted my Study visa application i did not show my B.A from India as I showed my Diploma in civil engineering. But now that my WES is done for my bachelor's and it is 3 years equivalency to canadian bachelor i am wondering if i could add my B.A to my PR application as i did not show it before .

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Go ahead and do the ammend because I am pretty sure you will be well aware that IRCC also gets a copy of your WES assessment. Do it soon before it comes under the lens of misinterpretion.

Rajvinder Singh

Nov 30, 2018
Actually when i applied my study visa from India i did not submit my B.A degree as i was waiting for my provisional certificate to come but i completed it in India.

But now I did WES and results showed 3 years equivalency to canadian bachelors.

So i am confused that whether i should add my B.A while making my Express Entry profile as i did not show it while applying my study visa.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Actually when i applied my study visa from India i did not submit my B.A degree as i was waiting for my provisional certificate to come but i completed it in India.

So i am confused that whether i should add my B.A while making my Express Entry profile as i did not show it while applying my study visa.
Yes go ahead.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You misrepresented your education to qualify for a study permit. It is actually quite problematic that you didn’t declare your bachelors. You could have been found to have misrepresented your education and end up with a ban. Would suggest consulting a lawyer but in general you shouldn’t now declare a bachelors.