+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application got canceled for this reason: Dependents not included in application

Andrew B

Nov 3, 2021
Hello Everyone

I AM TRULY FRUSTRATED OF MY CURRENT SITUATION.. PLEASE HELP !:oops:

I applied through my wife being principal applicant, CEC, and have two kids under 18 (9 years old and 5 years old) who are living in another country with my ex-wife and are not accompanying). I JUST got an email from IRCC refusing my application for the reason stated below. I have two kids who are living with my ex-spouse and they are not accompanying me to Canada. I do not have any kids with my new spouse. The kids are mentioned in my profile including their birth date and address BUT i was not asked for any supporting documents for them.

My PR Application was cancelled due to incompleteness and the message that i got from IRCC is below:

Your application is rejected for being incomplete and therefore, was not put into processing.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:

"Dependent(s) not included on application o Eligible dependent child/ren, [name of child] born [date of birth] was/were not included in your application for permanent residence. An application for permanent residence must include all eligible family members of the applicant, whether accompanying or not. Please see definition of eligible family member below.

- dependent child, in respect of a parent, means a child who
(a) has one of the following relationships with the parent, namel
(i) is the biological child of the parent, if the child has not been adopted by a person other than the spouse or common-law partner of the parent,
(ii) is the adopted child of the parent; and

(b) is in one of the following situations of dependency, namel
(i) is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner,
(ii) is 22 years of age or older and has depended substantially on the financial support of the parent since before attaining the age of 22 years and is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition."

They never asked to add supporting documents for the NON ACCOMPANYING KIDS and it was not mentioned on the checklist? How would i have known anyways that i need to upload documents for them? What are the documents required for them? Do they need police certificate if they are under 18 years old?

****Now im worried if there are any other hidden documents that they will only ask once they start checking the application (Which are not mentioned in the portal while uploading the supporting documents)...!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone

I AM TRULY FRUSTRATED OF MY CURRENT SITUATION.. PLEASE HELP !:oops:

I applied through my wife being principal applicant, CEC, and have two kids under 18 (9 years old and 5 years old) who are living in another country with my ex-wife and are not accompanying). I JUST got an email from IRCC refusing my application for the reason stated below. I have two kids who are living with my ex-spouse and they are not accompanying me to Canada. I do not have any kids with my new spouse. The kids are mentioned in my profile including their birth date and address BUT i was not asked for any supporting documents for them.

My PR Application was cancelled due to incompleteness and the message that i got from IRCC is below:

Your application is rejected for being incomplete and therefore, was not put into processing.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:

"Dependent(s) not included on application o Eligible dependent child/ren, [name of child] born [date of birth] was/were not included in your application for permanent residence. An application for permanent residence must include all eligible family members of the applicant, whether accompanying or not. Please see definition of eligible family member below.

- dependent child, in respect of a parent, means a child who
(a) has one of the following relationships with the parent, namel
(i) is the biological child of the parent, if the child has not been adopted by a person other than the spouse or common-law partner of the parent,
(ii) is the adopted child of the parent; and

(b) is in one of the following situations of dependency, namel
(i) is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner,
(ii) is 22 years of age or older and has depended substantially on the financial support of the parent since before attaining the age of 22 years and is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition."

They never asked to add supporting documents for the NON ACCOMPANYING KIDS and it was not mentioned on the checklist? How would i have known anyways that i need to upload documents for them? What are the documents required for them? Do they need police certificate if they are under 18 years old?

****Now im worried if there are any other hidden documents that they will only ask once they start checking the application (Which are not mentioned in the portal while uploading the supporting documents)...!!!
All dependents in a PR application are required to complete the medical regardless of whether they are accompanying or non-accompanying (this doesn't only extend to dependent children but also spouses / common law partners who are non-accompanying). I don't know exactly where this would have been in the instruction guide or checklist but this is a very basic requirement that is well known and documented. See the FAQ below to understand why they need to go through the medical even though they are non-accompanying.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=988&top=4

They do not require PCCs since they are under 18:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html

I can't comment on other documents. Hopefully others can help with what else may need to be submitted.

Good luck.

baltixz

Jul 25, 2010
@scylla how about my situation i declared them and send a notarized that I will not include them they still canceled my application can i send a dispute?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@scylla how about my situation i declared them and send a notarized that I will not include them they still canceled my application can i send a dispute?
You can always send a request for reconsideration through a webform but that doesn't mean that IRCC will chance their mind. It will depend on the details of your case who the dependents are and what information (apart from the notarized letter) was provided to show the medical cannot be completed.