+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application filing for Spouse - Express Entry

praveshshrivas

Apr 19, 2017
Hi,

I'm married but I've received an invite to apply PR only for me because i selected an option that my wife will not accompany me in Canada to increase my score.
My marital status in Application is Married.

I'm on work permit and have applied an open work permit for my wife
Doubt:
1. Can she stay in Canada after i receive my PR on the basis of Work permit?
2. When can/should I apply PR for my wife?

ashu1710

Nov 7, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
1. I'm not a 100% sure abut this, but I believe your work permit will be cancelled once you land as a PR. As your wife's work permit is tied to yours, it might get cancelled as well. I wouldn't recommend not including your wife in your EE application. What is your CRS score with your wife included?

2. You can sponsor your wife after you land as a PR. Do keep in mind, however, that inland spousal sponsorship applications take over a year.

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ya above is right.

What is your CRS score ? Yesterday the CRS has dropped to 415 and if you are near this score and also want your wife to stay with you then i ll suggest you to reject the current ITA. Update the EE profile by making your wife accompanying and you will be good to go. This was both of you can stay on work permit until its valid.

Else first it would take around 3-6 months for your PR and then another year for her via family sponsorship.

praveshshrivas

Apr 19, 2017
Thanks Ashu and Ayam for the reply.

My score with my wife is coming 403 and my bday is on 02-May.. so 5 points will be deducted.
it will come down to 398 assuming.. Please advise if i should i decline or go ahead with my processing?

What would be the process of applying my wife PR once i get my PR?