+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application fees for a Convention Refugee Query

luv4all

Dec 3, 2020
Dear All respected senior members,
I need your urgent help. Currently my refugee claim has been accepted and I got convention refugee status.
Now I am planning to apply for Permanent Resident. Kindly advise me how much I need to pay for PR application process. My refugee claim processing fees was paid by the legal aid. Now I am planning to retain same lawyer privately to proceed with PR, but the fees that my lawyer asking is around $2500 for myself only ( including tax- $2850).At this moment I am jobless and this is a big amount for me to pay. Kindly advise whether amount of fees $2500 is rational for PR application process of a convention refugee.
I'll be highly grateful for your kind advice/suggestions.
Thanks in advance

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
Pr application for convention refugees is nothing but filling the forms, printing them along with all the other requested papers... you REALLY do not need a lawyer for that if your application is normal (for example you dont have anything that would need a lawyer, like criminal history or something...) most applications can be and are done without a lawyer, the cic websites gives you a step by step for the application too... so i would recommend, that you follow the step by step and pay the fees (for the application) that are necessary and mail it over. Just make sure that your application is perfect and you include everything. Trust me from a person who did pr application and all work permits on my own, it’s easy

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
I need your urgent help. Currently my refugee claim has been accepted and I got convention refugee status.
Now I am planning to apply for Permanent Resident. Kindly advise me how much I need to pay for PR application process. My refugee claim processing fees was paid by the legal aid. Now I am planning to retain same lawyer privately to proceed with PR, but the fees that my lawyer asking is around $2500 for myself only ( including tax- $2850).At this moment I am jobless and this is a big amount for me to pay. Kindly advise whether amount of fees $2500 is rational for PR application process of a convention refugee.
Thanks in advance
You can do it by yourself there is nothing just need to fill the forms and print it and post it to the IRCC.Ask you're friends for help but don't pay that much amount.if I were you I will not pay even 50 $ for it.

Reactions: Ghess23

Ngarii

Nov 19, 2020
You can do it by yourself there is nothing just need to fill the forms and print it and post it to the IRCC.Ask you're friends for help but don't pay that much amount.if I were you I will not pay even 50 $ for it.
Do it yourself or find any local library and ask them to help. If we were residing in the same city, I would help you for free. It's not hard, just follow the procedures step by step.

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
Find refugee center or immigration service center their workers will do it for free.. dont pay anything just for filling your forms. The pr fee is only 550$(Might be more now) per person for which u can apply for loan and pay back on monthly basis.. that loan will also be arranged by the refugee centre, just find the one near you .. your problem will be solved.

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
Thanks in advance
U can pm me if u want to talk in detail..

luv4all

Dec 3, 2020
Dear all,
Thanks a lot for your kind advice and help. And also kindly advise if there is any time limit to apply for the PR after getting protected person status and the time it may take to get PR status after applying.
Thank you again

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Dear all,
Thanks a lot for your kind advice and help. And also kindly advise if there is any time limit to apply for the PR after getting protected person status and the time it may take to get PR status after applying.
Thank you again
you pay $550 when you apply for it I believe not sure if the cost has changed, and no, there isn't a time limit to my knowledge. I applied 7 months later >.<. I wish I had applied earlier probably would have the covid delay. also, if you have a work permit that will be expiring soon apply for that first or together with your pr. and roughly 2 years could be less, or, it could be more worse case to finalize your PR.

amar18

Apr 6, 2024
Do it yourself or find any local library and ask them to help. If we were residing in the same city, I would help you for free. It's not hard, just follow the procedures step by step.
If someone can help plz. In form sch14, ques no.7 a)Are you a legal or permanent resident of any country? Should I select 'yes' or 'no'?
7b) If yes, which country?
I'm having issues with these ques.

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
If someone can help plz. In form sch14, ques no.7 a)Are you a legal or permanent resident of any country? Should I select 'yes' or 'no'?
7b) If yes, which country?
I'm having issues with these ques.
You are now applying for PR in Canada so it's not Canada.

Are you a legal resident in any other country? (your country of birth not included)

In most cases, it'll be no but I don't know your circumstance

amar18

Apr 6, 2024
You are now applying for PR in Canada so it's not Canada.

Are you a legal resident in any other country? (your country of birth not included)

In most cases, it'll be no but I don't know your circumstance
I am in Canada right now and my refugee claim got accepted. Now i have to apply for PR. So my concern is, in ques no. 7a) ARE you a permanent resident of any country?
Should I mention 'India'(I am from India and I have Indian citizenship) or not because I am a protected person now.

Db1000

Star Member
Aug 8, 2022
I am in Canada right now and my refugee claim got accepted. Now i have to apply for PR. So my concern is, in ques no. 7a) ARE you a permanent resident of any country?
Should I mention 'India'(I am from India and I have Indian citizenship) or not because I am a protected person now.
You are not a permanent resident of India. You are a citizen.

The answer is "No"

Reactions: amar18 and Simba112