+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application -Convention Refugee/Protected Person

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
Hi All,
I applied for PR for me and my two kids that are here with me in Canada, and my other dependents are abroad,
I understand Covid-19 is one of the factors that delay many applications. is anyone in the same situation please share your experience

Permanent Residence Timeline
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 3, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 5, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on September 4, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 5, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I linked my application Jan 3,2021 was the timeframe according to IRCC- now it shows some applications take longer than usual

PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPEREANCE IF YOU ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION _it will be highly appreciated

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,
I applied for PR for me and my two kids that are here with me in Canada, and my other dependents are abroad,
I understand Covid-19 is one of the factors that delay many applications. is anyone in the same situation please share your experience

2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 5, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 5, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I linked my application Jan 3,2021 was the timeframe according to IRCC- now it shows some applications take longer than usual

PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPEREANCE IF YOU ARE IN THE SAME SITUATION _it will be highly appreciated
Join the main thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/time-line-for-permanent-residence-application-for-refugees.683967/page-392

JBKJN

Jan 6, 2021
Hi all,

I received the decision of the hearing and then I applied for PR. My question is, can I now travel and stay outside of Canada ( a country except my country of birth) for 6 months? Is there and limitation to to stay outside Canada or I can be in other country with another visitor visa on my travel document?

I will be happy to share your experience about that.
Thank you.

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
Hi all,

I received the decision of the hearing and then I applied for PR. My question is, can I now travel and stay outside of Canada ( a country except my country of birth) for 6 months? Is there and limitation to to stay outside Canada or I can be in other country with another visitor visa on my travel document?

Thank you.
You can travel to any country with travel documents depend on the country if you need visa or no, I will not suggest the full 6 months it is always better to return bit earlier than 6 months.

Reactions: JBKJN

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
You can travel to any country with travel documents depend on the country if you need visa or no, I will not suggest the full 6 months it is always better to return bit earlier than 6 months.
there is no rule that states u cant stay out of canada more than 6 months

JBKJN

Jan 6, 2021
Agree 100% I just shared my experience , but if you spend more than 6 months upon your return officer will ask bunch of question
Thank you for sharing your experience. I have one more question. If I work temporarily outside Canada (3 months), does it make any concern for the PR?

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
Thank you for sharing your experience. I have one more question. If I work temporarily outside Canada (3 months), does it make any concern for the PR?
I don't think so it will cause any problem unless you are going back working in country of your asylum- there is not such a law that you cannot work anywhere else-

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
Hi All,

Medical status changed today - Medical exam pass
is anyone know what will be the next step??

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
Hi All below is the timeline of my application for PR protected refugee
I applied on MAY 3,2019-
finger print was requested on Feb 2020- it was done within 3 days

Today Jan 10,2021 I get a massage Latest Update: You passed the medical exam

what should I expect next and how long it will take to final decision please help me if you have the same experience

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • January 10, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We have received the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Hi All below is the timeline of my application for PR protected refugee
I applied on MAY 3,2019-
finger print was requested on Feb 2020- it was done within 3 days

Today Jan 10,2021 I get a massage Latest Update: You passed the medical exam

what should I expect next and how long it will take to final decision please help me if you have the same experience

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • January 10, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We have received the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Any update on your file pls share your phone number mine case is also same as yours

JasonReyes

Jun 19, 2023
Hi all,

Thank you.
If you applied for PR as a refugee you cannot leave Canada. You can only leave Canada for a family emergency matter.