Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2015
AOR Received.
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
Hi all
my application was cancelled by CIC on basis of incomplete application. The message i received is as follow:

Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Upfront medical report
- Invalid medical as medical has been assessed for Temporary residence only

So, i have few question?
1) How can i get details of why my application was cancelled? CIC call centre?
2) Should i try to re-open/appeal on the same application?
3) Apply again with new profile.

Thanks

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toronto_engg said:
Hi all
my application was cancelled by CIC on basis of incomplete application. The message i received is as follow:

- Upfront medical report

So, i have few question?

Thanks
I would call cic and ask them! also under which program did you apply? go back and check your application package as cic always change the requirements. or if you status in Canada still valid for some times then simply just apply again and this time get a lawyer if you can afford it

goodluck

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
No There is more need to know, why they cancelled your application ? and which stage they cancelled ?
You says they says they that upfront medical was not include what does that mean ? Did they ask you for medical and you did not submitted ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
toronto_engg said:
Hi all

- Upfront medical report

So, i have few question?

No. The only way to get more details is to apply for your GCMS notes, that will take about a month to get -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

A) If you had the correct PR medical exam done, then first contact the physician and confirm that the exam done was for PR. If the physician (or staff) simply coded it wrong, that should be a simple error to fix - the panel doc should be willing to contact CIC on your behalf. You should also follow up with a request for reconsideration, that an error has been made and that you in fact submitted a correct medical. It will take up to a month to get a response.

B) sometimes people give the wrong advice on here, I've seen recommendations that you can use the same medical as you did for a work permit or study permit - this is usually not true (there are exceptions, such as if the exam is very recent, but you should get CIC to verify this rather than just assume it). IF that is what you believed, then the error was yours, and you don't have any grounds to appeal.

Certainly doesn't hurt to get a new profile ready -

konosan

Aug 20, 2015
B) sometimes people give the wrong advice on here, I've seen recommendations that you can use the same medical as you did for a work permit or study permit - this is not true. IF that is what you believed, then the error was yours, and you don't have any grounds to appeal.
What are the differences between a medical for permanent residence and that for temporary residence?? I haven't seen evidence about exact differences between them.

konosan

Aug 20, 2015
toronto_engg said:
Hi all

- Upfront medical report

So, i have few question?

Thanks
May I ask whether your medical examination once "passed" in your MyCIC account before this unfortunate cancellation? At least two people encountered exactly the same problem, in case you don't know (www canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reasons-for-rejection-t306713.0.html;msg4576263#msg4576263). Thank you!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
konosan said:
What are the differences between a medical for permanent residence and that for temporary residence?? I haven't seen evidence about exact differences between them.
Good question, I am not sure there is any difference in the exam itself, but there are differences in the assessment (what is inadmissible for one may be admissible for the other). Plus the fact that exams are only valid for so long...

I've made some edits to the above post for clarification - obviously if CIC tells you that you can use the old one, then it's fine, but that would be an exception, and should be verified with CIC, not assumed. CIC's general advice is, yes, you still need to do the PR medical exam, even if you had a previous exam.

konosan

Aug 20, 2015
jes_ON said:
Good question, I am not sure there is any difference in the exam itself, but there are differences in the assessment (what is inadmissible for one may be admissible for the other). Plus the fact that exams are only valid for so long...

I've made some edits to the above post for clarification - obviously if CIC tells you that you can use the old one, then it's fine, but that would be an exception, and should be verified with CIC, not assumed. CIC's general advice is, yes, you still need to do the PR medical exam, even if you had a previous exam.
I believe two applicants whose cases were cancelled (Yelena and Ben76600) went to clinics for PR medical exams. They didn't simply use results of a previous exam.

Yelena:
www canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reasons-for-rejection-t306713.0.html;msg4569917#msg4569917

Ben76600
www canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/reasons-for-rejection-t306713.0.html;msg4576728#msg4576728

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
konosan said:
I believe two applicants whose cases were cancelled (Yelena and Ben76600) went to clinics for PR medical exams. They didn't simply use results of a previous exam.
It sounds like it could be the same situation for the OP, but it's not entirely clear.

abhijitbs

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
AOR Received.
Hi, though all the information mentioned in their guide for QSW was sent, my online account has just been updated as "cancelled as incomplete". I submitted my application in Feb mid 2017; still I am waiting for AOR.

My friends told me to ignore this message ""cancelled as incomplete" and wait for 1 more month.

How can i resolve this? ???

rokib2012

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 October 2016
AOR Received.
30 January 2017
Med's Request
22 February 2017
Med's Done....
24 February 2017
abhijitbs said:
Hi, though all the information mentioned in their guide for QSW was sent, my online account has just been updated as "cancelled as incomplete". I submitted my application in Feb mid 2017; still I am waiting for AOR.

My friends told me to ignore this message ""cancelled as incomplete" and wait for 1 more month.

How can i resolve this? ???
Hi Abhijit,
I can not send you personal message as am getting following message.

"PM could not be sent to 'abhijitbs' as their inbox is full!"

abhijitbs

Apr 4, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
AOR Received.
rokib2012 said:
Hi Abhijit,
I can not send you personal message as am getting following message.

"PM could not be sent to 'abhijitbs' as their inbox is full!"
Dear Rokib,
I removed all the messages in the inbox. Now it is empty.

funter28

May 20, 2015
Abhijitbs: did you get any update? I got the same update today with no message or description of incompleteness. Dont know how to proceed from here.