+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application Biometric in Canada Vancouver

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Everything been closed since third week of March so just keep waiting , this is what you may hear from IRCC customer service

BC27

Jul 27, 2020
Thanks Rahul. wanted to check in here.. i thought since we are in phase 3 they might open up.. I could not find anything else... Do we know a way to subscribe for an alert.. in any lawyers forum or canada govt page..

Extension of biometrics deadline for permanent residence applicants
No application will be refused or closed if you aren’t able to give your biometrics within the period indicated on your BIL. This applies to you, even if your BIL says you have 30 or 90 days.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Never did that except for going over website several times a day as they have no defined date and time. IRCC believe that people across globe have ample time to wait and waste and they never disclose any time lines. Not sure what is the purpose of holding such information, do it 3 months from now but at least let people know

BC27

Jul 27, 2020
wasting time for me is in my cards, doing it for a very long time.. they give 90 days for biometric to be done.. and i recently did it while applying for WP.. like in Jan 20 ... but still they asked.. i will let you know if i am able to find something. But thanks for answering.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
wasting time for me is in my cards, doing it for a very long time.. they give 90 days for biometric to be done.. and i recently did it while applying for WP.. like in Jan 20 ... but still they asked.. i will let you know if i am able to find something. But thanks for answering.
They will continue to ask you each 90 days. The biometrics you gave for a work permit do not count for PR.

BC27

Jul 27, 2020
i came to know that via my lawyer.. bcoz i read somewhere it is valid for some years.. irrespective of the fingers are the same.. that's funny.. :) ... i will post here if i find something new..

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
Biometric once done should be valid for all reasons, unfortunately rules were drafted by some one in IRCC who lacked common sense

Reactions: bella12