+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application beyond 6 months?

VickiC

Jan 30, 2019
Canada
Hi all

This is my first time posting and I wonder if someone could give me some advice.

I received my ITA last year for Express Entry (Skilled Worker) and submitted my application and all my documents in July, so the 6 months "expected processing time" has just elapsed.

The status on my account has not moved for months and months, I have my medical passed but my background check is at "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.". It's been like this probably since September/October time.

I have to admit being confused, there is nothing strange whatsoever in my application or in my background - my police certificates were all submitted already and are completely clean. I've never lived in or visited any countries they seem to consider high risk. As far as I can tell, I submitted everything they need in terms of documentation.

Does anyone have any insight into what can slow down an application to this extent?

Also - I sent a webform inquiry - but I see now I could have also called them. Would people recommend calling or waiting on the web response? Which tends to give more information?

Thanks!

VickiC

Jan 30, 2019
Canada
Well by amazing coincidence, I received the email asking for my passport copy and photos today!

I'm in Canada on a work permit, has anyone ever done the next stage this way? I understand when it arrives, I need to take my COPR somewhere and show them my work permit?

Reactions: Adnantanwri

VickiC

Jan 30, 2019
Canada
Yes I was thinking of it but I've always been wary of flag poling. Surely it's a massive hassle for the rest of your life when you go to the US, having the "denied entry" record? I would imagine you're always going to get more questions and hold ups at the border.

I saw on the IRCC website that I can book an appointment at an office in Canada if (hopefully when!) the COPR arrives, and I wondered if anyone had gone through that process?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I was thinking of it but I've always been wary of flag poling. Surely it's a massive hassle for the rest of your life when you go to the US, having the "denied entry" record? I would imagine you're always going to get more questions and hold ups at the border.

I saw on the IRCC website that I can book an appointment at an office in Canada if (hopefully when!) the COPR arrives, and I wondered if anyone had gone through that process?
Not sure if a denied entry is actually added to your file. Shouldn't have any implications for future travel. Fastest process. It could be a month or two before you get an appointment to land at a local office.

Mjizzle

Jan 31, 2019
Hi all

This is my first time posting and I wonder if someone could give me some advice.

I received my ITA last year for Express Entry (Skilled Worker) and submitted my application and all my documents in July, so the 6 months "expected processing time" has just elapsed.

The status on my account has not moved for months and months, I have my medical passed but my background check is at "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.". It's been like this probably since September/October time.

I have to admit being confused, there is nothing strange whatsoever in my application or in my background - my police certificates were all submitted already and are completely clean. I've never lived in or visited any countries they seem to consider high risk. As far as I can tell, I submitted everything they need in terms of documentation.

Does anyone have any insight into what can slow down an application to this extent?

Also - I sent a webform inquiry - but I see now I could have also called them. Would people recommend calling or waiting on the web response? Which tends to give more information?

Thanks!
This is also my first time posting and like you my process has surpassed the 6 months wait period specified. In fact, I’m in my 11th month after PR application submission waiting for a response.

I got a status update bar in my profile that indicated the process has been completed since September 2018 and nothing yet. I too was concerned what could possibly cause such a delay. I saw a thread before signing up that said your previous job may complicate your background check hence the extended delay. I had a government job so that resonated perhaps yours maybe similar.

VickiC

Jan 30, 2019
Canada
Your entire process says completed but you didn't get your PPR/Request for Visa? I would contact them via the webform if so. Or are you just referring to the estimated progress bar at the top? I think that is informational only.

Even though I got my Request for Visa email yesterday, my application still says "In Process" in my account. I understand that is normal, and your account should only change to completed once they issue your COPR.

By the way, they responded via the webform process pretty quickly, within about 3 - 4 days.

Mjizzle

Jan 31, 2019
Your entire process says completed but you didn't get your PPR/Request for Visa? I would contact them via the webform if so. Or are you just referring to the estimated progress bar at the top? I think that is informational only.

Even though I got my Request for Visa email yesterday, my application still says "In Process" in my account. I understand that is normal, and your account should only change to completed once they issue your COPR.

By the way, they responded via the webform process pretty quickly, within about 3 - 4 days.
Congrats On receiving your COPR!!!
I can imagine the relief. Actually, on my application they said it is taking longer to process than usual. The bar I was referring to is the estimated time bar; it’s maxed out, suggesting the process is complete. The status listed item background check however still says in process. I’m not sure what to make of it.

VickiC

Jan 30, 2019
Canada
Not quite there yet! Sending off my form today from the request for visa email. Hopefully get the COPR in the next few weeks, then I will relax.

The progress bar is just automated, it shows exactly 6 months from your application submission date. I would send the webform, they will tell you if everything is in order at least.

ItsTanzila

Oct 2, 2018
Anyone guide please.we have completed our six months waiting time and one day before the 6th month we received the medical test request that onced we have passed in nov. And the same went with biometrics... In sep they mailed us that tey have retrieved it and in dec they requested for a biometric again. I don't know what is it going really depressed and hopeless.

Mjizzle

Jan 31, 2019
Not quite there yet! Sending off my form today from the request for visa email. Hopefully get the COPR in the next few weeks, then I will relax.

The progress bar is just automated, it shows exactly 6 months from your application submission date. I would send the webform, they will tell you if everything is in order at least.
Thanks. hey, hope you got that COPR

gnc10

Apr 25, 2019
Shouldn't have any implications for future travel. Fastest process. It could be a month or two before you get an appointment to land at a local office.

cusprohit

Jan 30, 2020
Hi,
I am in the same boat. I received AOR on 30th July 2019, same message showing as yours. I have also raised a webform yesterday.
Hi all

Thanks!

navn47

Jul 27, 2019
Hi all

Thanks!

I am in the same boat, I am an inland applicant applied through PNP program. I am about to complete 6 months by EOD, no response seen yet. I also received my GCMS couple weeks ago looks like fine to me. Can anybody faced similar situation. Please through some light what might be happening?