+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application beyond 6 months?

Adnantanwri

Sep 6, 2019
Hi all

This is my first time posting and I wonder if someone could give me some advice.

I received my ITA last year for Express Entry (Skilled Worker) and submitted my application and all my documents in July, so the 6 months "expected processing time" has just elapsed.

The status on my account has not moved for months and months, I have my medical passed but my background check is at "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.". It's been like this probably since September/October time.

I have to admit being confused, there is nothing strange whatsoever in my application or in my background - my police certificates were all submitted already and are completely clean. I've never lived in or visited any countries they seem to consider high risk. As far as I can tell, I submitted everything they need in terms of documentation.

Does anyone have any insight into what can slow down an application to this extent?

Also - I sent a webform inquiry - but I see now I could have also called them. Would people recommend calling or waiting on the web response? Which tends to give more information?

Thanks!
Well by amazing coincidence, I received the email asking for my passport copy and photos today!

I'm in Canada on a work permit, has anyone ever done the next stage this way? I understand when it arrives, I need to take my COPR somewhere and show them my work permit?
Well by amazing coincidence, I received the email asking for my passport copy and photos today!

I'm in Canada on a work permit, has anyone ever done the next stage this way? I understand when it arrives, I need to take my COPR somewhere and show them my work permit?

Adnantanwri

Sep 6, 2019
Hi- Congrats. I am in same situation and waiting every day. Its 6 months and 10 days but no change in status. On Web form, response was "your application is under review". Can you advise how many it took you exactly?