+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application- Adding Spouse to PR application-CEC

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Hello Mates

Help Required
CEC Application

Wife's PR Applied on Oct 2014 : - My wife is on close work permit and is in Canada for 4 years. She applied for PR in the month of August 2014 and she got the file number on Oct 22nd, 2014 and medicals were submitted in the month of May 2015 and she was waiting for her PR

We got married in September 2015 and her status got changed from single to married in her file and we applied for addition of spouse on Oct 16th Oct 2015 in the same file and waiting for medicals for me ( Husband who is in India ) where we have given the fees of $550 in Oct 2015 only ( 1st Phase fees )

Need to know few things :-

1. When can be medical expected
2. What is the duration they take
3. Applied visitor visa twice and rejected with a foolish reason ( travel history,family ties etc )

Can anyone guide ?

Thanks
Cheers
TD

dazzlingcrystal

Apr 23, 2015
Tarundhingraa said:

TD
Hi, we have a similar timeline but we were about 1-2 months ahead for every step: applied June 2014, med request for wife Feb 2015, married August 2015, add spouse September 2015, spouse medical received Dec 2015, and PPR Feb 2016. So I guess your medical request will be received soon and everything will be finalized in 3-4 months. Just FYI we paid RPRF when we submitted the spouse add-on. Hope this helps.

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
dazzlingcrystal said:
Hi, we have a similar timeline but we were about 1-2 months ahead for every step: applied June 2014, med request for wife Feb 2015, married August 2015, add spouse September 2015, spouse medical received Dec 2015, and PPR Feb 2016. So I guess your medical request will be received soon and everything will be finalized in 3-4 months. Just FYI we paid RPRF when we submitted the spouse add-on. Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot buddy
It gave me a good motivation.....But thn till now i have not got anything and only paid first phase fees only .....now i m worried...

bilaltm

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tarundhingraa said:
Hello Mates

Help Required
CEC Application

Wife's PR Applied on Oct 2014 : - My wife is on close work permit and is in Canada for 4 years. She applied for PR in the month of August 2014 and she got the file number on Oct 22nd, 2014 and medicals were submitted in the month of May 2015 and she was waiting for her PR

We got married in September 2015 and her status got changed from single to married in her file and we applied for addition of spouse on Oct 16th Oct 2015 in the same file and waiting for medicals for me ( Husband who is in India ) where we have given the fees of $550 in Oct 2015 only ( 1st Phase fees )

3. Applied visitor visa twice and rejected with a foolish reason ( travel history,family ties etc )

Can anyone guide ?

Thanks
Cheers
TD
Hi,

When did you add your spouse to your PR ? after the Visa rejection or before ?. CIC takes rejection of Visa very seriously. My friend's PR got rejected because he didn't disclose his US Visa rejection. I would recommend you to update the your spouse application with the Visa rejection.

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
bilaltm said:
Hi,

When did you add your spouse to your PR ? after the Visa rejection or before ?. CIC takes rejection of Visa very seriously. My friend's PR got rejected because he didn't disclose his US Visa rejection. I would recommend you to update the your spouse application with the Visa rejection.
Hi bilaltm

I applied for visitor visa post applying for my PR ( paid fees and applied after a week ) but it was rejected with very funny reason

bilaltm

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tarundhingraa said:
Hi bilaltm

I applied for visitor visa post applying for my PR ( paid fees and applied after a week ) but it was rejected with very funny reason
I suggest you to send an updated "IMM5669 - Schedule A - Background Declaration" (check the visa rejection as "yes") for your spouse with an explanation letter.

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
bilaltm said:
I suggest you to send an updated "IMM5669 - Schedule A - Background Declaration" (check the visa rejection as "yes") for your spouse with an explanation letter.
Thanks for the info but do we really need it as i already sent my file for PR processing before visitor visa and wanted to visit my spouse as we were newly married and wanted to be with her in new year....any harm?

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Hello

Please help .....Urgent requirement

i have got a mail from CPC about submitting additional document. (Supplementary Information -IMM5562 Your Travels Please provide us with your travel history since the age of 18. )

Can Anyone guide me if someone has received this type of mail from CPC

Can anyone guide ?

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Hello People

Needed Little Help. Can anyone help me out ?

I have got my medical request on 10th and have given the medicals and also they mailed for the travel history of husband

Now what is the next step of CIC? Can anyone provide me with the right information ?

Can anyone guide ?
Thanks a lot...
Tarun

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
dazzlingcrystal said:
dazzlingcrystal

Hi
Medical request finally came.....and they asked for the travel history too....Hopefully ...all goes well now :)

sairam_25

Mar 6, 2013
Hi,

I applied my permanent residence through Express entry in Federal Skill worker Class on Sept 15 and i got married in Dec .

I applied my marriage certificate through case specific enquiry right after my marriage.
I got a mail stating that the they will update my application.

But i did not see any update of the marriage status any where even until now .

When i spoke to the CIC agent ,she sent me a list of documents to send it to Nova scotia.See Below
Should i send the physical documents to the nova scotia or is it better i mail them and find out before i send them ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After applying for permanent residence under the Economic class - Adding a family member

A family member* of the principal applicant could be added at a later date, even if they were listed as non-accompanying dependant in the initial application. However, there is no guarantee that your request to add a family member to an application will be accepted if the final decision has already been made by the office processing the application.

To add a family member to the application, you have to download, fill out, validate and print the following forms** from our website and send them to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia:

A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) with supporting documents,

(If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,

(If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,

(If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form,

A copy of the family member’s valid passport,

Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,

and

The add-on request including:
your name,
your client ID number/UCI,
your file number,
a letter of explanation,
a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
if applicable, the proof of payment.
You must write ADD-ON on the forms and on the envelope. If you want proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.

*A family member is a spouse, common-law partner, dependent child or dependent child of a dependent child.
**If the newly created family member is a child born in Canada, only the add-on request is required.

Samzzk

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
Hi my husband added me to his application for pr in oct 26,2016 when cic emailed about his medical request and for my spousal documents for inclusion of spouse in an economic class.
But we have not recieved any information from cic if whether they need more documents they just asked for my husbands schedule a form again which should include me. We have payed my ppr fees rpr fees and sent the requested documents to an email from ottawa. Right now im confused since its been almost two months and when i check the cic status services online they just mention that they recieved his medical records and sent a correspondence on nov10 regarding his schedule a form.
How to proceed now ?? How much time does it take for a spouse to recieve pr in this situation??

Please help.

Samzzk

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
Hi my husband added me to his application for pr in oct 26,2016 when cic emailed about his medical request and for my spousal documents for inclusion of spouse in an economic class.
But we have not recieved any information from cic if whether they need more documents they just asked for my husbands schedule a form again which should include me. We have payed my ppr fees rpr fees and sent the requested documents to an email from ottawa. Right now im confused since its been almost two months and when i check the cic status services online they just mention that they recieved his medical records and sent a correspondence on nov10 regarding his schedule a form.
How to proceed now ?? How much time does it take for a spouse to recieve pr in this situation??

Please help.

putty

Dec 11, 2016
For myself, I applied for PR through AINP. When I applied for PR, I was single. However, while my PR application was being processed, I got married.
I included my wife in my PR application. To add my wife, I updated my forms and added some new forms for my wife. Now, both my wife and I have PR. Does this mean I sponsored my wife?

I need to know this answer because I am going to sponsor my parents and in one form, there is a question if I have ever sponsored someone?

Samzzk

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
Yes that is sponsoring.