+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Application - 2019

Jahlove2000

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
No info accept IRCC received late december. Everytime i call they IRCC say that it will be processed according to when it is received, but it's with them. The timeline is really slow for the fee/money they ask for to process a file. USCIS asks for 900$ but at least they process green cards in a little under 9 months and it's in the mail already. USCIS>IRCC.
Thank you for the feedback. We just have to be patient. There is alot going on behind the scene that sometimes makes the process a little longer. I seen cases that were finalised within 14 months and some dragging on for more than 30months.
This delay is not deliberate. Most times it is due to inconsistencies on our part. Little details like date on birth certificate, change of name, dates of marriage certificate could raise a red flag. Don't get me wrong... Some of these are genuine mistakes but they have to be convinced beyond reasonable doubt.
IRCC is very meticulous and would cross-reference all available information , so as to maintain the integrity of the immigration process.
As for me, IRCC is doing a wonderful and they deserve our support.
We are in this together.... Hopefully we will be with our loved ones soon.

Reactions: maedow

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have applied for PR on 5 September 2019 and received AOR on 13 December 2019, the status bar is at 56% and estimated completion date is 5 May 2021. Nothing after that. Is anyone in similar situation?

Have they resumed processing applications after COVID lockdown in lifted?

Regards,

Mehran

DBI

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Canada Toronto
I applied on 22nd November 2019, received the AOR on 13th December. But up to now no update. Can't even link my application number. When I asked through the web forum, they replied saying that Even my application was received it's not yet been started to process. so I have to wait... I don't know for how long.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
I applied on 22nd November 2019, received the AOR on 13th December. But up to now no update. Can't even link my application number. When I asked through the web forum, they replied saying that Even my application was received it's not yet been started to process. so I have to wait... I don't know for how long.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
How many emails have you received? I could not link mine after the AOR. I contact the IRCC and they said that I will receive another email stating that my application has been updated and only then I could link it. I received that email on 19th December and was able to link my application to online account right away. However, I have not heard anything after that.

DBI

Star Member
May 27, 2017
Canada Toronto
How many emails have you received? I could not link mine after the AOR. I contact the IRCC and they said that I will receive another email stating that my application has been updated and only then I could link it. I received that email on 19th December and was able to link my application to online account right away. However, I have not heard anything after that.
I got only 1 email. that's all still can't link my application

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
I am december 2019 applicant with no AOR now. When i called IRCC office the call center staff told me the AOR is not an important thing its on officer discreation. Which i felt was not the right information. She told me count you time by 24 Months from the application received date and you will get ur COPR. its strange.

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
I am december 2019 applicant with no AOR now. When i called IRCC office the call center staff told me the AOR is not an important thing its on officer discreation. Which i felt was not the right information. She told me count you time by 24 Months from the application received date and you will get ur COPR. its strange.
I don't think she gave the right information. However, I was checking the average time it is currently taking for the PR applications for Protected Person, it is 23 Months at present, whereas when I applied, it was 18 months.

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Mkg93

Aug 19, 2020
I applied for PR in Mar2019
AOR in AUG2019
Medical and fingerprint request Oct2019
Medical received Nov2019
That’s all that shows when I check my case progress but I can’t see completion bar as the system doesn’t allow me to link to GCkey unfortunately. I contacted them through email and was told fingerprint/PCC was received JAN2020.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for PR in Mar2019
AOR in AUG2019
Medical and fingerprint request Oct2019
Medical received Nov2019
That’s all that shows when I check my case progress but I can’t see completion bar as the system doesn’t allow me to link to GCkey unfortunately. I contacted them through email and was told fingerprint/PCC was received JAN2020.
The completion bar is only an estimate based on average processing so I wouldn’t rely on it to predict exactly when you will get PR.

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Hello Everyone,

The purpose of this post is to update anyone who is in similar position about my application process and need some guidance regarding Police Clearance Certificates.

My timeline is as below:
  • 5 September 2019 - Applied for PR
  • 13 December 2019 - Received AOR
  • 24 December 2019 - Received Application Update E-mail (after which I could link my application to online account)
  • 6 September 2020 - Received request for Police Clearance Certificate (exactly after 1 year of application submission, may be it's just a co-incidence)
  • Estimated completion date is 5 May 2021
Below is the part of letter for Police Clearance Certificate. I am from Pakistan. Having lived in UK as well for few years. They have explicitly asked for UK Police Certificate and RCMP certificate. Do I need to get police clearance certificate from Pakistan as well?

> Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate. Please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp or contact the Call Centre, toll free, at 1-888-242-2100 for further information on how to obtain a police certificate. Please send the original police certificate for United Kingdom And Colonies (and any other country that you have resided in for 6 months or more since the age of 18) to this office as soon as you receive it. All documents that have been written in a language other than English or French must be accompanied by an official translation. If your police certificate indicates any charges and/or convictions, you must also provide court documents detailing the disposition of each charge and the sentence of each conviction.
You have 60 days from the date of this letter to comply with this request.

> RCMP police clearance certificate: You must provide an RCMP police clearance certificate based on fingerprints. Find instructions below.
Also, what will be the next step after the police clearance and when should I expect that?

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Reactions: Saba321

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Hello Everyone,

The purpose of this post is to update anyone who is in similar position about my application process and need some guidance regarding Police Clearance Certificates.

My timeline is as below:
  • 5 September 2019 - Applied for PR
  • 13 December 2019 - Received AOR
  • 24 December 2019 - Received Application Update E-mail (after which I could link my application to online account)
  • 6 September 2020 - Received request for Police Clearance Certificate (exactly after 1 year of application submission, may be it's just a co-incidence)
  • Estimated completion date is 5 May 2021
Below is the part of letter for Police Clearance Certificate. I am from Pakistan. Having lived in UK as well for few years. They have explicitly asked for UK Police Certificate and RCMP certificate. Do I need to get police clearance certificate from Pakistan as well?

Also, what will be the next step after the police clearance and when should I expect that?

Thanks in advance for the guidance.
If you don't mind asking when did you left uk? I also lived in uk for few years and left in 2014. Then i went to home country. I heard if its almost 5 years gap then we don't need pcc from specific country. Is it true?

Reactions: mehranjadoon

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
If you don't mind asking when did you left uk? I also lived in uk for few years and left in 2014. Then i went to home country. I heard if its almost 5 years gap then we don't need pcc from specific country. Is it true?
I went there for studying and left UK in early 2012. If you have stayed at some place for more than 6 months in past 10 years, then you have to provide the PCC from there. I have already applied PCC from UK, it was an online application and only took 10 mins.

Reactions: Saba321