+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Is it very hard to get this visa? Probably they have long security screening too. I think they are even worse than cic.
For europian nationals it is quite easy, it takes only a few hours to a few days and very rarely requires an interview or even a clearance delay. It is a common visa for anyone plan to stay in the US for more than 90 days which is the duration limit under the visa waiver program.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
For other nationalities it is quite easy, it takes only a few hours to a few days and very rarely requires an interview or even a clearance delay. It is a common visa for anyone plan to stay in the US for more than 90 days which is the duration limit under the visa waiver program.
I see. Thanks for the info. I think I need to start reading a little about different types of visa in the states.
Edit: I will bother you guys if I have any question and if you don't mind

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Guys, my case has been under security screening for almost 8 months now. In the application tracker for Iranians I don't see many recent case similar to mine. Does that make my case an aberration or is that because the tracker is not very comprehensive and there are lots of other people in the same situation?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Guys, my case has been under security screening for almost 8 months now. In the application tracker for Iranians I don't see many recent case similar to mine. Does that make my case an aberration or is that because the tracker is not very comprehensive and there are lots of other people in the same situation?
I am sorry to hear that. I agree with you that security is done faster, but there are similar cases like you. In Immitracker, include all inactive cases. Some of the Persian have been waiting for so long that they stopped updating immitracker. Also, you can look at #DelayedIranianVisa.
Among non-Persian applicants, I also know a couple of cases who have been waiting for more than a year.
Hopefully, your case is not the same and they move it faster.

PS: "aberration" is definitely a GRE word :D

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
I am sorry to hear that. I agree with you that security is done faster, but there are similar cases like you. In Immitracker, include all inactive cases. Some of the Persian have been waiting for so long that they stopped updating immitracker. Also, you can look at #DelayedIranianVisa.
Among non-Persian applicants, I also know a couple of cases who have been waiting for more than a year.
Hopefully, your case is not the same and they move it faster.
Is there any point in ordering the CBSA notes at this point? Or should I just wait?

PS: "aberration" is definitely a GRE word :D
Hahaha that's true. I only remember this one and nebulous and try to use them whenever the opportunity arises lol.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Is there any point in ordering the CBSA notes at this point? Or should I just wait?

Hahaha that's true. I only remember this one and nebulous and try to use them whenever the opportunity arises lol.
CBSA doesn't give you any extra info. It is the same as the GCMS but without redactions. So, you can see when exactly the security started. But, if you already know whether you are under SS and when it started, there is no point in ordering it. However, some people find it helpful for passing the time. If that is the case for you, go ahead and order it. It doesn't hurt

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
My MP followed up on my application...
They said pretty much the same things as I know already through my notes... Background check results have not received by IRCC yet... And said don't follow up yourself anymore as the officers may get fed up on my application! Also the MP and IRCC can only check with CSIS every 3 months! So my MP will call me back in 3 months if I don't get PPR by then...
Ugh...

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
CBSA doesn't give you any extra info. It is the same as the GCMS but without redactions. So, you can see when exactly the security started. But, if you already know whether you are under SS and when it started, there is no point in ordering it. However, some people find it helpful for passing the time. If that is the case for you, go ahead and order it. It doesn't hurt
The only reason I was thinking about ordering them is that I had two ghost updates in May and I was wondering maybe the notes could explain them. But I have already called them numerous times and all of them say it means one step of SS is done. My guess is that the notes would say something similar.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
The only reason I was thinking about ordering them is that I had two ghost updates in May and I was wondering maybe the notes could explain them. But I have already called them numerous times and all of them say it means one step of SS is done. My guess is that the notes would say something similar.
I have never heard of the two stages! For me, it was one ghost update after SS and it meant that everything was done. In that case, I would recommend ordering new notes to see what is going on. I am a little suspicious with what the call agent said.
Anyways, in the past I used to follow this thread. It is for people who are under SS. You may get more info by checking up the thread. However, I don't recommend it if you are already frustrated enough.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-shows-security-screening-and-waiting-lets-gather-here.498854/page-108

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
My MP followed up on my application...
They said pretty much the same things as I know already through my notes... Background check results have not received by IRCC yet... And said don't follow up yourself anymore as the officers may get fed up on my application! Also the MP and IRCC can only check with CSIS every 3 months! So my MP will call me back in 3 months if I don't get PPR by then...
Ugh...
Well, you can see from your notes that they can see how many time you followed them for a news. Plus, MP won't give you any more info than notes.
I would say if you recently ordered notes and you haven't had any ghost updates or changes after it, there is no point following up with the MP or ordering notes. They are going to give you the same info as in the notes. Also, if you know that you passed everything else, there is nothing that you can do about your application other than waiting.
About the fed up thing, I am not sure. Different people are responsible for processing of notes. But, I don't know if the main officer has anything to do with it or not. There might be cases that they ask the officer to provide any info that he has and it might be frustrating for them if every applicant does that. However, I have seen cases who does that and still getting their pr on time. Why don't their application get delayed?!!! no one knows!

Last edited:

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
I have never heard of the two stages! For me, it was one ghost update after SS and it meant that everything was done. In that case, I would recommend ordering new notes to see what is going on. I am a little suspicious with what the call agent said.
Anyways, in the past I used to follow this thread. It is for people who are under SS. You may get more info by checking up the thread. However, I don't recommend it if you are already frustrated enough.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-shows-security-screening-and-waiting-lets-gather-here.498854/page-108
Thanks for the info. So I was looking at https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do and there is a cbsa option and then there is csis. Should I order both of them?
Also, can I fill out the forms myself on behalf of a Canadian permanent resident if I get all the required information and documents from them and then pay the fee with my own credit card and use my own email address to receive the notes? Or should I just ask them to do it themselves? I'm trying to save them the trouble and also avoid any possible mistake they might make.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Thanks for the info. So I was looking at https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do and there is a cbsa option and then there is csis. Should I order both of them?
Also, can I fill out the forms myself on behalf of a Canadian permanent resident if I get all the required information and documents from them and then pay the fee with my own credit card and use my own email address to receive the notes? Or should I just ask them to do it themselves? I'm trying to save them the trouble and also avoid any possible mistake they might make.
It is better if your known use there own details. Else CBSA/CSIS might ask for additional verification proving that they are in Canada. Or you can simply use the third party services

Reactions: Ken_89

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Sorry I didn't check Canadavisa for the last cpl of days.
I have never applied for CSIS, but I heard it is just a one page mentioning if they received a request for you or not.
CBSA is the same as GCMS but without redaction and with more info.
You can order from that link only if you are residing in Canada or you are a Canadian Citizen and it is free of charge. Otherwise, some one should do it on behalf of you. Do you know any person or family who is in Canada (permanent resident or citizen...)? If so, they can do it for you and it costs only 5$. If not, then you have to ask one of those third party websites to do it for you.There are tons of info on how to order from these websites and which one is better. Their creators are all over these forums indirectly advertising their products.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@Ken_89 btw, I forgot to tell you that they sent GCMS notes via email, but CBSA sends notes through regular mail using a CD. I am not sure if they send it to US or not. But, I know that only Canadian Citizens and people residing in Canada can order them.

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
@Ken_89 btw, I forgot to tell you that they sent GCMS notes via email, but CBSA sends notes through regular mail using a CD. I am not sure if they send it to US or not. But, I know that only Canadian Citizens and people residing in Canada can order them.
Thanks for the info. I didn't know that. I have somebody in Canda and am going to ask them to order it to their own address and then send it over here by mail or maybe by email if that's possible. I was reading some of these forums that talk about security screening and it seems like CBSA waits for the results from CSIS before it processes its own security screening. There's so much bullshit being said in some of these forums that I'm not sure how accurate this is but could it be that the ghost update I saw in May was from CSIS? Have you heard such a thing before?