+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Hello All,

I hope you all are doing well and that you will feel relieved from PPR one day. I received the AOR on the last days of April 2019 for the PNP through EE for Alberta. I am not sure of the typical processing time for Iranian applicants and was wondering if you can help me out. How long roughly does it take from the time of AOR until PPR. I know this question sounds crazy but, believe me it is important to know the timeline :).

BTW, I am currently in Canada under study permit.

Thank you all.
Welcome to the forum,
in General, PNP processing is slower than other streams, even if you are inland, adding our nationality factor on top, it may delay it even further, I am PNP-inland under EE and you can see my current timeline in signature, pls register your case under immitracker under PNP inland stream and you can see some data, I am subscribed to their analytical dashboard and current average days for PPR for this stream in past 30 days is 198 days.

randomizer

May 2, 2019
AOR Received.
28-04-2019
Hello and welcome aboard.
Well, it is very hard to say. It depends on a lot of things, like category you applied for, if you are going to be sent for SS, if your docs are straightforward. But, to just give you an insight, you can look at the immitracker, you can also look at the people who posted on this forum. Usually I asked them to post their timeline in their signature so everyone can learn and help from these times. For start, you can look at mine.
Put your timeline in your signature as well.

Hi Nobody,

Woww I guess the journey has just begun!

I received a notice of interest from Alberta through PNP and after PNP approval through EE, I submitted all required documents (I mean all with both translations, original, translations original copy). Did medical exams in Canada, I have been in Canada since 2013 (with a one year gap in 2015).

Thank you very much Nobody for the information.

randomizer

May 2, 2019
AOR Received.
28-04-2019
Welcome to the forum,
in General, PNP processing is slower than other streams, even if you are inland, adding our nationality factor on top, it may delay it even further, I am PNP-inland under EE and you can see my current timeline in signature, pls register your case under immitracker under PNP inland stream and you can see some data, I am subscribed to their analytical dashboard and current average days for PPR for this stream in past 30 days is 198 days.
Hi Ms Nobody

Thank you for the information. Really? Processing time for PNP is slower?! I thought it'd be faster since the province actually shows its interest in the applicant(s).

Reactions: ms-nobody

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Welcome to the forum,
Hi Ms Nobody

Thank you for the information. Really? Processing time for PNP is slower?! I thought it'd be faster since the province actually shows its interest in the applicant(s).
yep, sadly it is, i had the same impression as well. a faster route is CEC in land if you could get qualified without PNP.

The main issue is, they dont process as much file as other stream per month, so less bandwidth is allocated to PNP stream i suppose.

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I really hope that's the case. Could one of the updates be for extension of my medicals? My medicals are expiring in two weeks.
I think the first one was for security pass and medical extension request same as mine and the one you got today could be either for the final decision on your file or the request to do re-med. How many days were there between these two updates?

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
I think the first one was for security pass and medical extension request same as mine and the one you got today could be either for the final decision on your file or the request to do re-med. How many days were there between these two updates?
Three days. The first update was on Tuesday and the second one was today. The only thing that makes me worried is that the two agents that I talked to didn't say that the security is finished or something like that. They said it's in progress.

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Previously Sydney, now Paris
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
But you are not inland... The immigration minister promised last year that the processing times for Iranian inland applicants are adjusted to the other nations.
Still is much longer:(

aliagha

Nov 16, 2017
Hey guys. Finally after 19 months of a deadly waiting, I got ppr 2 days ago. Pooooooof...
Thanks everyone for your kind and warm assistance in this journey. I know it’s completely useless to say this to those who have been waiting for a loooong time as it cannot relief their anger and disappointment, but I just advise them not to lose hope. There is nothing we can do except waiting, so we do need take things a little bit easier. It comes at the right time. Cheers :)

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
Hey guys. Finally after 19 months of a deadly waiting, I got ppr 2 days ago. Pooooooof...
Thanks everyone for your kind and warm assistance in this journey. I know it’s completely useless to say this to those who have been waiting for a loooong time as it cannot relief their anger and disappointment, but I just advise them not to lose hope. There is nothing we can do except waiting, so we do need take things a little bit easier. It comes at the right time. Cheers :)
Great... so happy for you.... why it took so long?

Reactions: aliagha

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
Were you under SS?

annevn8

Aug 2, 2017
Three days. The first update was on Tuesday and the second one was today. The only thing that makes me worried is that the two agents that I talked to didn't say that the security is finished or something like that. They said it's in progress.
Hi Ken,

Your VO is Montreal right? I also have Montreal as my VO. Got my remed request and called agent three times and three of them said my SS still in progress.

I guess Montreal guys do not update your SS until the final decision so the agent cant see it???