canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Previously Sydney, now Paris
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
I was reading somewhere that Immigration refugee would support people for moving and airplane ticket, has anyone heard that?

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
I was reading somewhere that Immigration refugee would support people for moving and airplane ticket, has anyone heard that?
Haven’t heard anything like this, but it doesn’t seem to make sense,
Canada does look at immigrants as assets but you will have to show you’re not a burden on the public and are able to blend in, until you do blend in, you will need to be able to support yourself and your family financially, hence POF and settlement funds requested. Maybe what you read applies to refugees or immigrants based on humanitarian grounds

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I did not fully understand your question. Anyway, in my case, when I receive my ppr email, there were less than 2 months to expiration of my medical examination. I sent a CSE and asked them whether my medical had been extended or I should land in less than 2 months. They confirmed that my medicals had been extended. However, in some other cases, they have asked for doing the re-medical. It it up to the officer decision.
Thanks for your reply Arash jan. I know it is up to the officer to either extend or ask for re-med. I was just wondering if you know how long did it take for them to do the paper work for extending the the medical results. I was hoping that you have your GCMS notes handy and somewhere in the notes the request date for extension of medical results and the approval date of medical extension is mentioned.
Apprantly all the steps including my security is completed as of April 28 and on the same day, the officer has requested for extension of my medical result and this would be the final step before making final decision on my file.

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
It's my turn. Just talked another agent. He was super informative and pleased to help me out. He said the application has been approved and wait until receiving further instruction.

So after about 440 days, I am done. What a big relief ... thanks, everyone.
Congrats Soheil jan. Please keep us updated when you receive the PPR email.

Reactions: soheilhs

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
Oh, ok. Yours also got extended for anohter year then. Do you have any GCMS notes after that date to check how long did it take for them to do the paper work for extension medical results?
Yap it extended. No unfortunately I do not have GCMS after that. But it was expired on Feb I think it took 2 month to extend it.

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
Haven’t heard anything like this, but it doesn’t seem to make sense,
Canada does look at immigrants as assets but you will have to show you’re not a burden on the public and are able to blend in, until you do blend in, you will need to be able to support yourself and your family financially, hence POF and settlement funds requested. Maybe what you read applies to refugees or immigrants based on humanitarian grounds
I think so. I just read it somewhere. It should be applied on refugee.

Reactions: Diana1313

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Thanks for your reply Arash jan. I know it is up to the officer to either extend or ask for re-med. I was just wondering if you know how long did it take for them to do the paper work for extending the the medical results. I was hoping that you have your GCMS notes handy and somewhere in the notes the request date for extension of medical results and the approval date of medical extension is mentioned.
Apprantly all the steps including my security is completed as of April 28 and on the same day, the officer has requested for extension of my medical result and this would be the final step before making final decision on my file.
I had ordered my note much earlier than the date on which my medical was expired. Therefore, unfortunately, I don't know when the officer requested for extension and when they replied the officer back.