+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
You asked a long question, and I am gonna answer you even longer!

Well, to begin with, I have seen a lot of people on these threads backing GCMS notes in a way that I feel like they are being paid by those websites to advertise their products on these forums.Of note, the owner of some of these websites are some VIP members who started from these forums.
Anyways, I personally don't know if it effects the processing time or not. But, there are several points that comes to my mind
  • CIC does not have one single office. Different offices may have different policies (internal). Some may delay the process some may not. I am not sure!
  • All the documents for a person gets recorded in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). Specifically, all the communication with CIC (including ordering notes) gets recorded. Some people believe that too much inquiries might cause a red flag in your case, especially for the people in SS. However, I have seen cases who ordered notes on a monthly basis, yet they got their ppr in 6 months!
  • Different group of people are responsible for ATI (Access to Information) notes. The question is: Do those people have any contact with the officer working on the file? Is it going to make any complications? or is just the case that the ATI officer prints out the GCMS.
  • CIC collaborates with a lot of other department and agencies for permanent residency, e.g. RCMP, CBSA, CSIS, etc. How about them? What is their policy wit the notes?
  • We need to know what is the use of notes and what is the purpose of ordering them? What kind of benefit it has? Is it worth it?

However, given all the above question, I believe ordering notes after 3-4 months of aor is a must. The benefit of ordering notes outweigh any disadvantages (may or may not exist).

The steps for a file is that first someone checks the completeness of the application. At this step, a lot of applicants get rejected but there is little that a person can do about it, because the rejection is because the application was not complete and missed some important docs. Then, a case analyst, evaluates all the documents such as education, work experience, language, PoF, etc. In this step, a lot of people gets RR because some of the docs they provided was vague. This is the step that the applicant should be proactive and immediately send some supporting doc to back the application. Otherwise, the file goes to several rounds of reviews by senior analysts and officers and may get rejected. The processing time also gets so long because a lot of people need to check the info. However, if the person orders notes, they know where the problem is and they can solve it immediately. Usually case analysts reviews the doc before the end of 4 month of aor. That is why everyone recommends that around that time applicant should order notes to know what is going on.

After the eligibility is done, the CIC part is almost over. The criminality and security is mostly done by other agencies. Especially for security that the file is completely analyzed by CBSA. At this point I don't think if ordering CIC notes have any negative impact on the processing of CBSA! Also, there is no advantage either. There is little that applicant can do about criminality and security, except waiting. At this stage. I think ordering notes doesn't have any benefit or disadvantage. It just helps time passes faster!

Lastly, the joke is that I have seen applicants who have been waiting for more than a year, but still they don't order notes because they are afraid that it might prolong their processing time. I am like your case is already long, what are you afraid of. Then when they receive rejection, they realize that they should have some small errors that was easy to correct!

For ordering, if you are in Canada, it is free. If there is a person in Canada who can order for you, it costs 5$. Otherwise, you have to use a third party. I am not sure which one is better as I never used them. If you search there are a lot of forums teaching how to order them.
Very well said! Definitely definitely definitely order notes!
I don't believe ordering notes or contacting CIC for asking information about your profile has any impact on your file!!! I specifically asked this question from an agent and she said it is your legal right to know about your profile you can even call us every day but you won't get any more information if there's no update on your file! That is even why they give you the opportunity to order the notes!

Now in my own case, I ordered notes back in December, I recieved it 2.5 months later (after sending them 3 emails that why I am not getting my notes?). When I read it I got so shocked as I realized that I am being REVIEW REQUIRED for my job experience in Canada (I am under CEC)! Something that hadn't even crossed my mind because I had assumed all my documents were perfect! Then I reviewed my documents and realized the LEO that I had uploaded originally didn't contain proper letter head of my company, and no job and duties description in it! That's how I figured out I had made such a stupid mistake! Then right away, I wrote a letter, with a new complete LEO attached and sent it to CIC via WebForm! After a month, I sent another webform letter and asked them to pleaseeeeeeee take a look at my new documents that I sent as I wasn't seeing any updates!
On March 21st my eligibility passed and ADR requested for SS.
Now still waiting after more than a month and yesterday ordered a new GMCS note.

I hope I get PPR before the GMCS but in case I won't get it at least I'll know what the heck is going on in my file...

Reactions: ms-nobody

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Very well said! Definitely definitely definitely order notes!
I don't believe ordering notes or contacting CIC for asking information about your profile has any impact on your file!!! I specifically asked this question from an agent and she said it is your legal right to know about your profile you can even call us every day but you won't get any more information if there's no update on your file! That is even why they give you the opportunity to order the notes!

Now in my own case, I ordered notes back in December, I recieved it 2.5 months later (after sending them 3 emails that why I am not getting my notes?). When I read it I got so shocked as I realized that I am being REVIEW REQUIRED for my job experience in Canada (I am under CEC)! Something that hadn't even crossed my mind because I had assumed all my documents were perfect! Then I reviewed my documents and realized the LEO that I had uploaded originally didn't contain proper letter head of my company, and no job and duties description in it! That's how I figured out I had made such a stupid mistake! Then right away, I wrote a letter, with a new complete LEO attached and sent it to CIC via WebForm! After a month, I sent another webform letter and asked them to pleaseeeeeeee take a look at my new documents that I sent as I wasn't seeing any updates!
On March 21st my eligibility passed and ADR requested for SS.
Now still waiting after more than a month and yesterday ordered a new GMCS note.

I hope I get PPR before the GMCS but in case I won't get it at least I'll know what the heck is going on in my file...
I hope you did not order GCMS before getting the old one. Because if you do so, you only get 1 set of notes.
All the best, I wish you get the good news soon.

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
I hope you did not order GCMS before getting the old one. Because if you do so, you only get 1 set of notes.
All the best, I wish you get the good news soon.
No the old one was ordered in December and was delivered in January...
The new one I just ordered them yesterday...
It is so frustrating and hurtful. Specially that I am on implied status and also waiting for BOWP.
So stressed if the BOWP gets rejected I have to quite my job and restore my status...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_nobody

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
So, nobody didn't know about the timeline for requesting medical extension like how long does it take from the request date to the date that the request is completed?
I did not fully understand your question. Anyway, in my case, when I receive my ppr email, there were less than 2 months to expiration of my medical examination. I sent a CSE and asked them whether my medical had been extended or I should land in less than 2 months. They confirmed that my medicals had been extended. However, in some other cases, they have asked for doing the re-medical. It it up to the officer decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_nobody

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Previously Sydney, now Paris
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
So, nobody didn't know about the timeline for requesting medical extension like how long does it take from the request date to the date that the request is completed?
I also think it is upto officer, mine expired on Feb 2019 and I asked them to say what do to do, but they said just wait! They extended it last week!

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
Got an email stating they received my CSE and the document attached to it and they have forwarded it to the issuing officer to take into consideration. Phew that was a close shot
Great good for you

Reactions: Diana1313

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
No ghost when it changed to N/A..then first ghost was last week Thursday and the call centre agent said i got the ghost because security started..now I got another this morning..
Dear Datovid,
Have you finally found what was your ghost update about?