+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Guys, after more than 9 months, my representative has just called me some hours ago and told me that I have received the PPR. They have not forwarded me the email yet and I still don't know on which exact day of the previous week I have received the PPR email.
I want to thank all of the wonderful members of this topic and I want to give my special thanks to @Mr_nobody. I hope all of you receive the golden mail as soon as possible.
Congratulations Arash. So happy for you. Agha mobarak bashe. It seems that there has been a ppr shower for Persian applicants. Hope the rest of our friends get ppr soon.
Thank you Arash. I don't know what I have done that you thank me, but thank you so much for the message.

Reactions: arash2002

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Phone calls to CIC will be recorded on our file 100%. I saw mine and it also include the call center location the call has been forwarded to and also more details .

Ina ro velesh kon. Boro halesho bebar ;)
Oh I didn't know that. Anyways, I really don't know if these have any positive or negative impact on your application

Thank you :)

Reactions: soheilhs

Marcus12

Jan 12, 2019
Guys, after more than 9 months, my representative has just called me some hours ago and told me that I have received the PPR. They have not forwarded me the email yet and I still don't know on which exact day of the previous week I have received the PPR email.
I want to thank all of the wonderful members of this topic and I want to give my special thanks to @Mr_nobody. I hope all of you receive the golden mail as soon as possible.
Congrats

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
I have a question @Mr_nobody and other friends. From where I can find out that my medical test is extended by the officer or not? Since, the date on which I was informed of "Ready for Visa Email" (i.e 4 March) is less than 2 month from the expiry of my medical test(i.e 29 Apr), I want to know it is extended or not? If they have not extended it, it is very bad news for me because the remaining time is absolutely short.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

amin.gh

Jan 23, 2019
I called the CIC agent and she told me My application got Approved. Horrraaa:). Hope all other friends get the good news soon.
One question, My OBWP is still in processing, when is the best time to withdraw those applications? the agent told me I can not withdraw them now because you are not PR yet.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I called the CIC agent and she told me My application got Approved. Horrraaa:). Hope all other friends get the good news soon.
One question, My OBWP is still in processing, when is the best time to withdraw those applications? the agent told me I can not withdraw them now because you are not PR yet.
Agha mobarak bashe.
Congratulations amin. So happy seeing Iranian files are moving.
Well for BOWP, it depends. When did you apply for BOWP? When your PGWP expires? did you receive ppr or landing interview yet?

amin.gh

Jan 23, 2019
Agha mobarak bashe.
Congratulations amin. So happy seeing Iranian files are moving.
Well for BOWP, it depends. When did you apply for BOWP? When your PGWP expires? did you receive ppr or landing interview yet?
Thanks Man. No PPR yet. I applied for BOWP 1 month ago and my current WP expired end of Feb.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I have a question @Mr_nobody and other friends. From where I can find out that my medical test is extended by the officer or not? Since, the date on which I was informed of "Ready for Visa Email" (i.e 4 March) is less than 2 month from the expiry of my medical test(i.e 29 Apr), I want to know it is extended or not? If they have not extended it, it is very bad news for me because the remaining time is absolutely short.
Probably it hasn't extended as it was not expired at firs place. I am not sure about this one but don't they decide on medical renewal once it actually expires. I mean yours hasn't expired yet, then why they want to extend it or not.

I have a couple of question, where did you perform your medicals? Is there any place in Iran that can do that or like biometry you have to go to another country? Where and how are you going to send your passport to? Can you send it to a place like Turkey?

The reason I am asking is because given the current situation sending the passport and waiting for the copr might take a month from you. then I am afraid they only give visa to you till the expiry of your medicals. In that case, you will have less than a month to land in Canada. Am I right?

I think raise a CSE and email the offices and explain your situation. They may extend it for you. You can also call them. Let me know what is going on if you learned what to do.

Good luck

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks Man. No PPR yet. I applied for BOWP 1 month ago and my current WP expired end of Feb.
Then you can't withdraw it. Your ppr is not complete until you land. So you have to wait for ppr or landing interview. Finalize the steps and then you will be considered PR. However, for landing (no matter inland or at the border), you have to have a valid status and that is why you can't withdraw your BOWP now. You're still considered as implied status and keep your application for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: amin.gh

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Ma
Many Congrats!

Reactions: amin.gh

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Probably it hasn't extended as it was not expired at firs place. I am not sure about this one but don't they decide on medical renewal once it actually expires. I mean yours hasn't expired yet, then why they want to extend it or not.

I have a couple of question, where did you perform your medicals? Is there any place in Iran that can do that or like biometry you have to go to another country? Where and how are you going to send your passport to? Can you send it to a place like Turkey?

The reason I am asking is because given the current situation sending the passport and waiting for the copr might take a month from you. then I am afraid they only give visa to you till the expiry of your medicals. In that case, you will have less than a month to land in Canada. Am I right?

I think raise a CSE and email the offices and explain your situation. They may extend it for you. You can also call them. Let me know what is going on if you learned what to do.

Good luck
I have done my medical in Tehran. I should send my passport to Ankara,Turkey. In Iran, Travel Agencies take the responsibility of taking and returning of passports for visa issuance. In fact, I submitted my passport along with my photographs to one of them today.

Then you are saying that I should raise a CSE right now and don't wait until I receive my COPR and visa and see that what date is written on them?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I have done my medical in Tehran. I should send my passport to Ankara,Turkey. In Iran, Travel Agencies take the responsibility of taking and returning of passports for visa issuance. In fact, I submitted my passport along with my photographs to one of them today.

Then you are saying that I should raise a CSE right now and don't wait until I receive my COPR and visa and see that what date is written on them?
OK thanks for the info.

Exactly, email them asap because you see how long it takes for them to respond.
Also, see this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html

They mentioned that
We can’t extend your COPR, so you should make sure to use it before it expires.
That is why I say email them asap and know what should be done.
Also I don't know if you received ppr email yourself or your rep. but, in the email they ask some questions and provide you an email address (usually Ottawa office) to send your responses or any other questions to that email address. You can use that address to let them know about your problem.

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
OK thanks for the info.

Exactly, email them asap because you see how long it takes for them to respond.
Also, see this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html

They mentioned that

That is why I say email them asap and know what should be done.
Also I don't know if you received ppr email yourself or your rep. but, in the email they ask some questions and provide you an email address (usually Ottawa office) to send your responses or any other questions to that email address. You can use that address to let them know about your problem.
My Rep has forwarded me the ppr email. In that email they gave me the email address of Ankara embassy. I will definitely email them right now. Thanks. Besides, they won't receive my passport until Saturday.