+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Marcus12

Jan 12, 2019
Congrats. Could you share your timeline and your stream please.
Thanks, I hope you got your PPR soon.
here is my timeline.

Stream CEC-TFW
AOR June 11
Medical pass June 26
Eligibility pass July 17
Criminality pass and/or the start of SS September 27(ghost update)
First GCMS request November
Second GCMS request January
Contact MP February (asked for written proof of "approved in principals" that never given)
Approval March 6

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Some information about Application Assignment due date:

Application Assignment due date
is the same date as the date that the call center agents tell you to wait till then (maybe + a week). If you didn't hear anything by that time or a week after, call them back and ask about your application.

What happens is that the officer receives a reminder for file that dues that day. If there is anything new on the application, he will check it and proceed with the next step. (for example,if he received the results of your criminality, he passes it and hence a ghost update. A lot of ghost updates happen on the due date.) If not, the due date will automatically be pushed back for one more month. (Of course not all officers care a lot about due date. The officer may also be on holiday that day, that is why it is not always followed)

Yes, there is no guarantee that your file moves on the due date, but the important point is that it is highly possible that your file won't be touched till next due date, so you may not worry that much in the time between.

Now what call center agents tell you is to call after that date, if there is anything new, they will tell you, if not, the due date is updated. They then tell you to check by the new due date and call them again. This vicious cycle goes on and on.

@INTamir Thanks for the idea. I tried to add some stuff to it

amin.gh

Jan 23, 2019
here is my timeline.

Stream CEC-TFW
AOR June 11
Medical pass June 26
Eligibility pass July 17
Contact MP February (asked for written proof of "approved in principals" that never given)
Approval March 6
Congrats, No ADR (Additional document request)?

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Some information about Application Assignment due date:

Application Assignment due date
is the same date as the date that the call center agents tell you to wait till then (maybe + a week). If you didn't hear anything by that time or a week after, call them back and ask about your application.

What happens is that the officer receives a reminder for file that dues that day. If there is anything new on the application, he will check it and proceed with the next step. (for example,if he received the results of your criminality, he passes it and hence a ghost update. A lot of ghost updates happen on the due date.) If not, the due date will automatically be pushed back for one more month. (Of course not all officers care a lot about due date. The officer may also be on holiday that day, that is why it is not always followed)

Yes, there is no guarantee that your file moves on the due date, but the important point is that it is highly possible that your file won't be touched till next due date, so you may not worry that much in the time between.

Now what call center agents tell you is to call after that date, if there is anything new, they will tell you, if not, the due date is updated. They then tell you to check by the new due date and call them again. This vicious cycle goes on and on.

@INTamir Thanks for the idea. I tried to add some stuff to it
Thanks for complementary info.
I just received my notes like 5 mins ago.
I checked the assignment due date. It is May 1, 2019. So, in my case, I guess they pushed the date for more than a month (possibly 2 months on March 1).
I hope my PPR comes before that date but I highly doubt that anything happens before May 1st.
I will review the notes when I get home and share any other interesting points that I possibly find.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for complementary info.
I just received my notes like 5 mins ago.
I checked the assignment due date. It is May 1, 2019. So, in my case, I guess they pushed the date for more than a month (possibly 2 months on March 1).
I hope my PPR comes before that date but I highly doubt that anything happens before May 1st.
I will review the notes when I get home and share any other interesting points that I possibly find.
In your notes, check these sections:
Assessment on page 2
Activity 1-4 or 1-5
Notes 1-2
Admissibility
Are they all redacted with some s.15 or s.16 on top of the page?

Reactions: aasaf

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
In your notes, check these sections:
Assessment on page 2
Activity 1-4 or 1-5
Notes 1-2
Admissibility
Are they all redacted with some s.15 or s.16 on top of the page?
The assessment, as I knew already shows Eligibility, Criminality and Medical passed and security In Progress (they redacted "In Progress" but I can kinda guess as part of letters "I" and "P" are shown).
Most part of activities and admissibility is redacted with S.21 on the corner of the page! Any idea about this?

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
The assessment, as I knew already shows Eligibility, Criminality and Medical passed and security In Progress (they redacted "In Progress" but I can kinda guess as part of letters "I" and "P" are shown).
Most part of activities and admissibility is redacted with S.21 on the corner of the page! Any idea about this?
One word, SS!
Sorry my friend for the bad news, but the majority of applicants from Iran show go through the same non sense
Hope it finishes soon for you

Reactions: INTamir

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Co
here is my timeline.

Stream CEC-TFW
AOR June 11
Medical pass June 26
Eligibility pass July 17
Approval March 6
Congrats!

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Yes. His application is just 3 days ahead of me. I hope that the the probable change in Canada's prime minister doesn't have an adverse effect on our applications.
I don't think so. Even if it changes, it takes quite a while till they chose the next person, he comes to the office, and decides to change the program. (This takes a couple of years, and by then, we all receive our PPR!)
Plus, this express entry system was introduced by previous right winger govt. So, it seems that all parties agree with the whole system. Although, there might be some minor adjustments, there won't be a big change in the whole system.

Reactions: arash2002

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Guys who are under SS, there is nothing left to do other than waiting. You can't do anything to speed things up, other than hoping CBSA does their part faster.

However, if you were interested, we can all have a time together and discuss about the details of the GCMS notes. Again, this does not help you with your application, but it might show you what they have done so far. Feel free to disregard this message if you are not interested.

Reactions: Marcus12 and aasaf