+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@Mr_nobody btw, did you receive your CBSA notes or last order of GCMS notes? Did you find out for sure that you were in SS?
I posted here that I received my GCMS notes. Yes, I was under SS from my GCMS notes.
I also applied for CBSA notes on Feb. 5th. I haven't received the notes yet. They say that the notes are in CD, so the mailing might take some days. Anyways, if I received the notes, I will share it here

Reactions: aasaf and INTamir

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Thanks again @arash2002
I know your frustration. We all deserve a more speedy ppr.
Given your timeline, I think your SS was started around October. You have already past 4-5 months. I think it will be finished in less than a couple of months.
Yes, it should have started in October. I hope I receive PPR soon even though before that I think my medicals should be extended or redone because it will expire on 29 Apr.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Marcus12

Jan 12, 2019
Congratulations! Have you had any other ghost update? You receive one for criminality as well.
Hope it is the final one and you get you ppr soon. Check your email and spam folder regularly
Just talked to IRCC.
My application is approved.:)

The most recent update that I had before this one was in September and I think it was my criminality pass update. Eligibility pass was on mid-July.

Last edited:
Reactions: soheilhs and aasaf

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Just talked to IRCC.
My application is approved.:)

The most recent update that I had before this one was in September and I think it was my criminality pass update. Eligibility pass was on mid-July.
Congratulations. So happy for you. PPr is around the corner, maybe by end of today :)
Edit: By the way were you under SS? and ADR? Sorry probably you have mentioned here before, but I forgot, that is why I am asking to put it in your signature.

guys, it sees that a lot of Persian files are moving. Hope to see ppr for everyone soon :)

Last edited:

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
I posted here that I received my GCMS notes. Yes, I was under SS from my GCMS notes.
I also applied for CBSA notes on Feb. 5th. I haven't received the notes yet. They say that the notes are in CD, so the mailing might take some days. Anyways, if I received the notes, I will share it here
Thanks. I am expecting my second order of notes in few days. Was there any deadline on your notes mentioned? If yes, was it the same day that you received the ghost update. From my first set of notes, I had a deadline of Dec 17 and exactly on the same day, I got a ghost update for my criminality pass and ADR. I am not sure if that is how it works or it was just a coincidence!

Reactions: aasaf and Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks. I am expecting my second order of notes in few days. Was there any deadline on your notes mentioned? If yes, was it the same day that you received the ghost update. From my first set of notes, I had a deadline of Dec 17 and exactly on the same day, I got a ghost update for my criminality pass and ADR. I am not sure if that is how it works or it was just a coincidence!
Oh yeah you are right. I didn't notice that before.

In second page of my notes, there is application assignment section. The due date is Mach 1st, the date that I got ghost update.
The previous GCMS notes that I got in 2018 also had the due date for Oct. 6th, but I received a ghost update on Oct. 12th. Very close.

I remember in the past, the due date didn't mean anything and the officer used to renew it frequently. But, it seems that they pay more attention to these due dates.

Edit: I think around the due date the officer checks to see if there is anything new on the file or not. For example, they check to see if the result of SS arrive or not, if so they process, if not, they ignore and postpone the due date

Last edited:
Reactions: aasaf and INTamir

arash2002

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
In the only note that I requested, the due date of application assignment is 2018/11/1. Maybe this date should have been the date of application approval if I had not been under SS

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Oh yeah you are right. I didn't notice that before.

In second page of my notes, there is application assignment section. The due date is Mach 1st, the date that I got ghost update.
The previous GCMS notes that I got in 2018 also had the due date for Oct. 6th, but I received a ghost update on Oct. 12th. Very close.

I remember in the past, the due date didn't mean anything and the officer used to renew it frequently. But, it seems that they pay more attention to these due dates.

Edit: I think around the due date the officer checks to see if there is anything new on the file or not. For example, they check to see if the result of SS arrive or not, if so they process, if not, they ignore and postpone the due date
I totally agree. I think on the due date, the responsible officer takes a boo on file, if any of the criminality or security (or any other steps) is clear then they update our file accordingly and that's how we get a so called ghost update. And if nothing has changed, they just set another date (1 or 2 months later) for the due date.

Marcus12

Jan 12, 2019
Congratulations. So happy for you. PPr is around the corner, maybe by end of today :)
Edit: By the way were you under SS? and ADR? Sorry probably you have mentioned here before, but I forgot, that is why I am asking to put it in your signature.

guys, it sees that a lot of Persian files are moving. Hope to see ppr for everyone soon :)
Thank you, You know what, I did not expect it and I was actually waiting for an ADR. I was shocked that it was approved.
I did not have ADR. I was in SS. Requested GCMS 2 times and contacted MP once.

I hope these recent movements would be a starting wave of movements on all Iranian applicants.