+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I

I called the IRCC and the officer said that the SS started on DEC 12th. Now I should just try to build up my patience.
Don't worry my friend. Given other Persian applicants, it is not something unexpected. We are all in the same boat. I know it is hard to be in the limbo, but there is nothing we can do about it.
One of the problems is that Persians are not united! Last year, there were some movements to make CIC hears our voice. Applicants create the #DelayedIranianApplicants on Twitter and Facebook. They arranged demonstration in front of Parliament of Canada. The topic was even discussed in Parliament as well. These actions had some impact and many cases that were left untouched for several months moved forward and finalized by CIC.
However, all these were from a small group of Persians and the majority of people didn't bother participating or helping in any way whatsoever. The people who also arranged the movement left the group one by one after they got their own PR.
You can even tell from this forum. I sent the link to many people on immitracker to see what we can do, but they all ignored as though I am gathering everyone for my own benefit and as if I am going to misuse their info in some mysterious way!

Reactions: aasaf

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I am planning to order my second set of GCMS notes today.
@Mr_nobody How do you know from the notes that you are specifically chosen for enhanced SS? Is there any specification on the notes that we should look for?
First of all, sorry to tell you that, but 99% you are also at SS. However, yo can order notes for that 0.01% left to completely make sure if you are under SS.
The easiest way to see if you are under SS is to look at your activity section. If the first 3-4 activities are all redacted (blank information) with signs such as s.15, s.16, s.21, or s.26 on top of the page. And if the activity after these (Activity 4 or activity 5) is security Not Started, then it means that you are under SS. The reason is because the security not started means that up to that point your security was indeed not started. But, as soon as it started, CIC redacted all the information from the GCMS due to security of Canadians. 15, s.16, s.21, and s.26 refers to the sections of the law with which CIC is allowed to redacts the information and does not release them under the Access to Information Act (ATI).
Hope this answered your question.
If I find a time, I plan to write a post and explain all the details about how to find SS in GCMS notes.

Reactions: aasaf and INTamir

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
The easiest way to see if you are under SS is to look at your activity section. If the first 3-4 activities are all redacted (blank information) with signs such as s.15, s.16, s.21, or s.26 on top of the page.
Hi Mate. I think s.15 on the top corner means security is done. this is not a sign for eSS. despite its a goo sign that security is done.

the rest I do agree with you. it there are 2-3 activity under security and redacted , its a strong evidence for eSS.

BTW , do you guys see the new notification bar in your cic account saying your application is taking more than normal time and given you a time frame when to expect for finalizing your application ?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi Mate. I think s.15 on the top corner means security is done. this is not a sign for eSS. despite its a goo sign that security is done.

the rest I do agree with you. it there are 2-3 activity under security and redacted , its a strong evidence for eSS.

BTW , do you guys see the new notification bar in your cic account saying your application is taking more than normal time and given you a time frame when to expect for finalizing your application ?
No Soheil, s.15 means that according to section 15 of the access to information act, CIC redacted the information. For more info, please see this link:
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

Progress bar is nothing but one if else statement. For me, it was already "your case is taking longer than usual blab blah blah" the first time that was initiated!!!!

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
No Soheil, s.15 means that according to section 15 of the access to information act, CIC redacted the information. For more info, please see this link:
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

Progress bar is nothing but one if else statement. For me, it was already "your case is taking longer than usual blab blah blah" the first time that was initiated!!!!
I have read in some topics that means security it passed and the s.15 shouldn't interpret a selection for eSS. anyhow I believe the best way to understand whether we are under SS or not is activities under the security and if AD has been requested. hope everyone get the golden email soon :)

Reactions: aasaf and Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I have read in some topics that means security it passed and the s.15 shouldn't interpret a selection for eSS. anyhow I believe the best way to understand whether we are under SS or not is activities under the security and if AD has been requested. hope everyone get the golden email soon :)
Yeah I agree with the part that not always s.15 refers to SS. s.15 and s.16 explains that if the information affect the security of the people or the relationship of Canada with other countries, or things like that, CIC is allowed to redact the information. Even though this is mostly applied to the SS info, it does not mean that CIC does not redact other info.

Unfortunately, there are lots of inaccurate info on these threads. I recommend you to read the posts shared by legalfalcon. He is usually very presice with the answers and he has a very wide knowledge on immigration stuff

Thanks man, wish you speedy ppr as well

Reactions: soheilhs

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
@Mr_nobody Any idea about building a telegram group ? Maybe we could finally gather all #delayediranianapplicants into there and build our united once for ever.
If you do agree so , please send me a pv message.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_nobody and aasaf

Farfass

Star Member
Jul 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Doc's Request.
ADR in November
AOR Received.
17 July 2018
Med's Done....
4 August 2018
Any idea about building a telegram group ? Maybe we could finally gather all #delayediranianapplicants into there and build our united once for ever.
Hopefully we won't be delayed forever! :D

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@Mr_nobody Any idea about building a telegram group ? Maybe we could finally gather all #delayediranianapplicants into there and build our united once for ever.
The reason I didn't make a telegram group initially was that I thought it is easier to use this website (we can share link from immitracker or other info in our signature etc.). It also has more privacy and I thought this way Iranian are able to join anonymously.
However, I am in for a telegram group as well.
I don't know maybe the #delayediranianapplicant people have their own telegram group.