Star Member
Aug 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
I applied for PR in Jan 2008 but it will be processed only after 5 years.

Now I am planning to apply for study visa. Does this affect the decision of visa officer for study permit?
How do I assure visa officer that I will return to my home county after completion of my study?
What do I answer if they ask me about the PR?

thanks in advance

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Dear tomst

I think application for study visa will not conflict with PR application. But you must assure the visa office that if you do not get any PR permission after completion of your study you will come back to your country. You should not hide anything and prepare answer by your own considering your situation. Be honest, that is very helpful.

As you do not know the actual status of your application (whether they are getting ready to reply you shortly for full application) you have to run two applications at a time.

Would you tell a little more about your present status ?

Thanks

Syed

tomst

Star Member
Aug 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
Hi syed,

I applied before this new rule came so my application will be processes as per old rules. I got 76 points and documents are complete, i guess. As per Delhi Visa office, average processing time is about 70 months so i need to wait 55 months for the processing.

Tomst

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Dear tomst

Does you present job is under 38 NOC list ? If yes you may apply again withdrawing old application or you may proceed with a new application as per present rule. Chance of processing new appliaction is faster than the old one (usually 6-12 months).

There is one issue you have to keep in mind. You have to pay the fees again and on withdrawing the old application it is not sure that you will get the refund. You may get the refund only if they do not start processing application.

May I know about your present profession ? Let me know about your latest status time to time.

hope for the best.

Thanks

Syed

tomst

Star Member
Aug 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
ufortunately my Profession (Electronics and communication Engineer/ Production Manager) is not listed in 38 so I need to wait till my application is processed under old rules.

That is the reason why I would like to apply for student visa to study Masters in Engineering Management

Tomst

syedrahman1980

Mar 28, 2009
Dear tomst
In my opinion if you have financial support you should apply for student visa as the old system will take much time and keeping old application to be processed.

Is there anybody in this forum applied for student visa ? Pls. comment.

Syed

tomst

Star Member
Aug 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
I shall apply for student visa.

I think, after a year, I will be qualified to apply from PR from Canada as I already have 67 points.

tomst

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, apply for student visa. If they ask about the PR, you can tell them that you are waiting for it and will leave at the end of your student visa unless your PR comes through first which it probably wont. You are right that after a year on student visa you can apply for FSW under the new rules. It should be faster. You do not have to withdraw your old application unless you want to.