Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2014
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
hi gang,

first time poster. just a warning, i think this may be a longish post.

i was wondering if there is any difference when applying for a PR whether it is done with the sponsor living in or outside of canada?

i am the sponsor for my girlfriend whom i have know for 3 years now & lived with for 18 months (up until december 2006). i came back home to canada to get a job, place to live as recommended by the case worker who refused my GF's first TRV. it was mentioned that because i didn't have a job or residence back home in canada that i didn't make a suitable sponsor for a TRV.

after working for 4 months, living in a leased apt we applied for a TRV for my GF for the second time in april. for this second TRV i thought it was a good idea to provide as much info as possible (pix of us over the course of 2+ years, emails, phone calls, sms msgs between us since i left to come back to canada). however it would seem that this was not the wisest idea as the GF was told because we have proven that we have a relationship that she has reason to NOT leave canada when a TRV would expire. instead she was told to serious think of applying for a PR.

i won't even go into how i feel about that since i have moved on. we would qualify i think for common-law except that while we were living together we had no bills, accounts or anything like that in both of our names. it was her apt we were living in so my name wasn't even on the apt lease.

so after much talking it is decided i am going to return & we are going to get married. we were going to do this at some point but now things have been pushed along. so after we are married we are going to apply right away for her PR. does anyone think there may be any problem with applying for her PR right after getting married?

also i am going to live with her until the PR process is complete. i hear this can take upto a year & even longer in some cases. i am ok with this, but does it make things any easier or harder for her PR app process with me not living in canada? it's already been 6 months apart (9 months apart by the time i get back to her) & i don't want to burn another potential year apart but at the same time i don't want to hurt her PR process.

even though i am certain i am returning to my GF i look forward to any advice or comments anyone might have.

cheers,
naph

radhee

Dec 5, 2012
citizenship

Hi
can anyone know how long it will take to receive acknowledgment letter after applying for citizenship