+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pr and travel/ living abroad

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

Hope all of you doing great in spite of the Covid 19 and keeping yourself motivated during these days,

I hope it will not go so long and borders will be open and soon we will start to travel to meet our families. Enjoy our time with them as well.
I am telling it from my experience because it is almost three years we wiling apart from each other. ( maybe there people who live more years apart,)

I have a question.

I am planning after borders open to fly and meet my family and plan to live for more than a month, maybe 1-2 months.
Question is- Is it could be a problem in the future getting Pr or citizenship? Is there somehow had something like that?

I am March 2019 applicant, and when borders open in the coming months could be slowly processing PR and could go more months to obtain. I am likely to spend these months with family.

Looking for your comments.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

Hope all of you doing great in spite of the Covid 19 and keeping yourself motivated during these days,

I hope it will not go so long and borders will be open and soon we will start to travel to meet our families. Enjoy our time with them as well.
I am telling it from my experience because it is almost three years we wiling apart from each other. ( maybe there people who live more years apart,)

I have a question.

I am planning after borders open to fly and meet my family and plan to live for more than a month, maybe 1-2 months.
Question is- Is it could be a problem in the future getting Pr or citizenship? Is there somehow had something like that?

I am March 2019 applicant, and when borders open in the coming months could be slowly processing PR and could go more months to obtain. I am likely to spend these months with family.

Looking for your comments.
You can't travel to your home country / country of persecution. Otherwise you are good to travel.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: Ratmir

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It usually depends on how long the other country allows you to stay. Given the pandemic you are at risk of being stuck abroad if there is an increase in cases and will likely be subject to quarantine. Not all countries accept RTD.

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
It usually depends on how long the other country allows you to stay. Given the pandemic you are at risk of being stuck abroad if there is an increase in cases and will likely be subject to quarantine. Not all countries accept RTD.
Before travel, I am planning to obtain a visa for the period of my stay and I hope that risks being stuck will not happen if it happens I am happy to stay with my family then. how do you think?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Before travel, I am planning to obtain a visa for the period of my stay and I hope that risks being stuck will not happen if it happens I am happy to stay with my family then. how do you think?
As long as the country offers visas to RTD holders. Not all do. You will hqve to examine your own situation. If you have a home in Canada will you be able to keep paying if you get stuck abroad. Things like that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How long one can stay outside Canada with a RTD?
Depends on the country usually. In general I would not advise remaining out of Canada for long periods of time. It is best to show that you are establishing yourself in Canada and working especially if you will supporting your family in Canada.