+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR and TR Visa

ramdanbdeir

Dec 23, 2021
Since my TR visit visa has expired, I am applying for a new TR visit visa to join my wife (a Canadian citizen) in May 2021.

As of September 2021, I have applied for PR Family sponsorship, and this application process / eligibility has not yet begun. My medical exam has passed

In case of an emergency, I should join my wife in Canada as soon as possible.

To inquire about the TR visit visa, I submitted a web form, and they replied that all applications submitted prior to September 2021 should be cancelled.

As noted in the forms, it is not clear whether I can apply for a new TR visit visa while I am in the process of applying for PR family sponsorship.

I sent another webform about this and tried to contact CIC, but didn't get a response

Any advice would be appreciated

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Since my TR visit visa has expired, I am applying for a new TR visit visa to join my wife (a Canadian citizen) in May 2021.

As of September 2021, I have applied for PR Family sponsorship, and this application process / eligibility has not yet begun. My medical exam has passed

In case of an emergency, I should join my wife in Canada as soon as possible.

To inquire about the TR visit visa, I submitted a web form, and they replied that all applications submitted prior to September 2021 should be cancelled.

As noted in the forms, it is not clear whether I can apply for a new TR visit visa while I am in the process of applying for PR family sponsorship.

I sent another webform about this and tried to contact CIC, but didn't get a response

Any advice would be appreciated
You need to follow the instructions given to you by IRCC and apply for a TRV again through the new portal. This topic is discussed extensively in the Visitors section of the forum. You need to apply again.

Yes, you can apply for a new TRV while sponsorship is in progress.