+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR and sponsoring partner

Feeebee

Nov 10, 2018
Hello! Im a pr here in Canada and getting married soon. Afterwards will apply for my soon husband for his sponsorship here.

So heres the thing, he want us to have a baby later on. So if ever i submit all those forms after we got married and if i got pregnant then. Will it affect his file and the process?
Will he got denied? He really want us to have a baby but im thinking it might affect its visa being approve or might take long.

Thank you in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should be aware that your husband's application will not be processed any faster because you are pregnant. Many women end up giving birth alone while in Canada because their husband has not been approved for PR and their mother or sister can not get a visitor visa. You must have worked 600 hours the year before the birth to receive maternity benefits (you should doublecheck those figures in case any changes) but maternity leave is only a small fraction your salary so it would be very hard to only live on that. It would be best in my opinion to wait until your husband is approved for PR and has a job so he can be with you during the pregnancy in case you get sick and is bringing in a second income so you can save for your baby. That would be my suggestion. If you look through this forum you'll find lots of examples of spouses being separated during the birth of their child.

Feeebee

Nov 10, 2018
Aww. Thank you so much! Maybe ill take up pills instead haha he's really expecting for that baby tho, so i hope he'll understand.

Also you know how long will it take the process for his papers?

Thanks again, appreciated it

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Anticipate at least 12 months from when you return to Canada and file the paperwork. Does he want to miss the birth of his baby? Doesn't he want to be able to support you in Canada when you have the baby so you can take maternity leave? In case you do get pregnant and then return home because you'll be alone for the birth his sponsorship will get refused. You must remain in Canada throughout the whole process. Short vacation 2-3 weeks seem to be tolerated.

Feeebee

Nov 10, 2018
Well if thats the case, ill just wait for him to come here so that all is well for us. Ill be leaving next year like feb for our marriage, asked for that 2-3 weeks already and hope it will grant if my work now. Also will submit papers as soon as i come back here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well if thats the case, ill just wait for him to come here so that all is well for us. Ill be leaving next year like feb for our marriage, asked for that 2-3 weeks already and hope it will grant if my work now. Also will submit papers as soon as i come back here.
Actually it is good that you are thinking of this in advance. Many woman only discover that their husband will not be able to join them for their delivery after the fact. They assume they will be able to get at least a TRV because of the delivery and that is usually refused. I can only imagine that it would be very stressful. Unfortunately they made some large assumptions and didn't looking it in advance.

Feeebee

Nov 10, 2018
Yas. Im also thinking the difficulties about the appearance of the father esp when in need for birth cert. We really want to have a baby right after our wed tho, but now, im already enlighten of what will happen if we really push that plan without what ifs being solve. I really appreciate the help.

Now the only problem is for him to lease his expectations for the baby lol

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yas. Im also thinking the difficulties about the appearance of the father esp when in need for birth cert. We really want to have a baby right after our wed tho, but now, im already enlighten of what will happen if we really push that plan without what ifs being solve. I really appreciate the help.

Now the only problem is for him to lease his expectations for the baby lol
There really isn't an issue about the birth certificate. Was if you get sick? Who will help you and take care of you? What if you are unable to work during your pregnancy and your income goes down dramatically. If you have your baby outside Canada you would have to sponsor your child. One of the parents will have to go to Canada in order to sponsor the child which means you will likely be separated from your baby for over 6 months. There are so many logical reasons. If you do get pregnant and remain in Canada anticipate having to go through your pregnancy and birth alone. Your husband's sponsorship is unlikely to be completed and getting a TRV for your family may also e impossible. It can be very difficult and support during birth is not considered a reason why a visa should be approved. If you are fine going through all that alone and any potential pregnancy complications of loss then that's fine but that is what you will likely have to prepare for.