+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR after recent cancer

Sruthi2592

Jul 30, 2021
Hi there,

Hope you are well. May I know what type of cancer you have or had if you dont mind telling me. Just to give you some hope, IRCC asked me to provide end of treatment report which I have done and I have passed my medicals the next day. Mine was at early stage so this maybhave played a part. I am still waiting for the final decision. I hope my answer put your mind at ease. Any questions, pls feel free to mesaage me.
I am currently on work permit. Two weeks back me and my husband went for medical exam. Panel physician said my husband has some issue. We later checked with doctors. They said like my husband is having hodgkins lymphoma. We are not sure the stage yet. The treatment is about to start. Doctors are currently doing biopsy, and pet exam. They said the treatment will be for 6 months.

Mahil

Sep 23, 2020
I am currently on work permit. Two weeks back me and my husband went for medical exam. Panel physician said my husband has some issue. We later checked with doctors. They said like my husband is having hodgkins lymphoma. We are not sure the stage yet. The treatment is about to start. Doctors are currently doing biopsy, and pet exam. They said the treatment will be for 6 months.
The same thing happened to me. Hope he is in early stage. HL is always treatable but needs to be monitored for sometimes. Good luck with everything. Hope everything goes well with your husband's treatment.

rskyadams

May 10, 2020
I'm in the final process for my PR application. I just passed the immigration medical exam on November 09.

When the medical exam, I brought all medical reports from my health care team, and doctor's notes which state that
my current condition is stable.

Support documents:
- Doctor's Notes from my family doctor and Oncologist
- Pathology Report
- Results of Genetic test (Oncotype DX and Heredatary Cancer Panel Breast Ovarian Report)

The results of the Medical exam were submitted to the IRCC directly with these documents.
I recommend bringing all support documents when having the medical exam. If so you can save the time.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/medical-inadmissibility.html

Reactions: Keepsthefaith

Keepsthefaith

Sep 17, 2014
@rskyadams
I'm in the final process for my PR application. I just passed the immigration medical exam on November 09.

When the medical exam, I brought all medical reports from my health care team, and doctor's notes which state that
my current condition is stable.

Support documents:
- Doctor's Notes from my family doctor and Oncologist
- Pathology Report
- Results of Genetic test (Oncotype DX and Heredatary Cancer Panel Breast Ovarian Report)

The results of the Medical exam were submitted to the IRCC directly with these documents.
I recommend bringing all support documents when having the medical exam. If so you can save the time.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility/reasons/medical-inadmissibility.html

Hi @rskyadams. Thank you so much for these inputs, it was very helpful.